Fuses & multiple runs of 0 gauge.

Hmm okay, Makes sense. I will have to order more fuses and fuse holders.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Just to clarify...I need 2 fuses in 1 wire front to back....Front end fused and rear end fused. Correct? I just want to make sure so I don't screw up.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Most rules you read in SPL competitions give vaig descriptions on this subject. But if you look at the Sound Quality side of the rule book, they give detailed directions on how it should be done. And in most cases, the way it should be in the SPL world too ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Just to clarify...I need 2 fuses in 1 wire front to back....Front end fused and rear end fused. Correct? I just want to make sure so I don't screw up.

Are you running multiple runs of 0g like the thread starter, or a single run for the positive lead ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I am running at least 2 runs of 1/0 or maybe 3. Don't yell at me for this but its CCA.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I am running at least 2 runs of 1/0 or maybe 3. Don't yell at me for this but its CCA.

Not sure why you would need more than 2 ... besides, I'm only trying to help so no yelling from me.

I run all Welding cable ...

for every run you go from front to rear ... you will need 2 fuses / holders and 2 18 inch wire jumpers (same type of wire and connectors as the primary wire)

In a thread that I posted awhile back someone said to use more than 2 runs of 1/0 CCA wire to get maximum efficiency out of my new system. But that was for a different amp the Skar 4500 at 1 ohm. I am now running 2 smaller amps, they would be the Skar 1500.1D both run at 1 ohms not strapped and gain set by the DD-1 and gain matched by the CC-1. I was also told in that thread that wire can only transfer so much current before it reaches it limit, And that 2-3 runs would send more power to my rear bank thus giving me adequate voltage or amps to my amp(s).

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

In a thread that I posted awhile back someone said to use more than 2 runs of 1/0 CCA wire to get maximum efficiency out of my new system. But that was for a different amp the Skar 4500 at 1 ohm. I am now running 2 smaller amps, they would be the Skar 1500.1D both run at 1 ohms not strapped and gain set by the DD-1 and gain matched by the CC-1. I was also told in that thread that wire can only transfer so much current before it reaches it limit, And that 2-3 runs would send more power to my rear bank thus giving me adequate voltage or amps to my amp(s).

Thats cool man, like I said, I'm only giving suggestions ... nothing more

I've been in the 150 db club since 1992 ... and I've never had to run more than 2 positive runs front to rear ... or anything larger than a 150 amp fuse ...

I've never ran a negative lead, I've used the frame / body as a ground ... works great

just saying

So I should be fine with 2 runs of cca wire

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

from batt to batt you should fuse both front and rear at the wires rating. Capacity will also depend on wire length. For 1/0 OFC 300a is appropriate. For CCA 250a is appropriate. Fuse each positive run 2wice - once near the front batt and once near the rear batt.

for fusing to the amp some will say to just fuse to the wire as well, to be "safe" fuse to the amps rating or below - combined - meaning if you want 400a of power run a 200a fuse in each run if using 2 runs to the amp.

There is a lot of info on the site around this topic and I suggest some searching and reading (using the site search feature) to learn more so you understand what why and how vs just being told what to do. This way you can make your own decisions and undertsand the risks of fusing too high

I'm going to be using 2/0 welding cable. So, 2 200 amps per run should allow me to pull 3500+ from my amp? If so, it'd save me money from having to buy all new fuses.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

Archived