Can you guys double check this for me please?

Ok so here's a quick little sketchup of my rear electrical plan. Yes both (pos) runs to distribution block will be fused. Yes their will be a chassis ground from the ground block to rear frame. One run pos and neg (pos fused also or course) from distro bocks to each of the (3) amps. The (2) front/back runs to distro blocks will be SkyHighAudio CCA 1/0. From distro blocks to amps will be SkyHighAudio "Mandingo" 1/0 OFC lol!

I think I've got it right but what do you guys think? Also, do I need to relay the remote turn on's or no? Thanks.

electrical_zps121f3347.jpg

How many amps will you be pulling? may need a couple more runs of CCA. Also, you mentioned fusing the pos cable, is your plan to double fuse each run, near the rear bank and near the front bat for each pos run? Hope so.

Minor detail and not needed at all but it would be even better to have equal length cable from your distro to each pos/neg bat terminal.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Just the (2) BC2000's and (1) 4ch probably only putting out around 300w rms, for now. Yep fused front and rear within 18" of batts. You don't think that the 500 amp rating of (2) runs of CCA would be sufficient? I calculated a 400 amp load with all three at full tilt (~4800watts) based off of 12 volts.

What about the relay for the remote wires, is it need with 3 amps?

After some more reading, and considering the inexpensive cost, I'm just going to do the relay setup for a lil piece of mind. Plus I may need to add some fans due to heat soak from the large hatch glass. Going to tint it to legal max but better safe then sorry.

Archived