DC Sound Lab

DC 9k electrical system

Is 16v electrical out of the question? You could do some 14v batteries.

i think it would be possible for me to do a 16v setup, considering my vehicle is an 86 so i dont have all the electrical components as a new car would have

16v charges at 18 by the way, just to note.

Not 16v batteries. 16v electrical - 14v batteries charging at 16

I get what you meant now. Just thought it might confuse him. That'd still be called a 14v system.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Is 16v electrical out of the question? You could do some 14v batteries.

i think it would be possible for me to do a 16v setup, considering my vehicle is an 86 so i dont have all the electrical components as a new car would have

16v charges at 18 by the way, just to note.

Not 16v batteries. 16v electrical - 14v batteries charging at 16
I get what you meant now. Just thought it might confuse him. That'd still be called a 14v system.
I'm trackin the whole 16v system.

14v batteries will charge at 16v

16v batteries charge at 18v

I think I just worded it wrong haha

Thanks guys

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

What makes the difference between a 12v system and a 14 or 16v system? Just the type of batteries? Or do you have to change something with the electrical too

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

What makes the difference between a 12v system and a 14 or 16v system? Just the type of batteries? Or do you have to change something with the electrical too

your alternator has to be able to charge at that voltage. i have a VCM which allows me to charge from 12v to about 20v.

mechman makes a AVBM? i think thats what it is. but it does the same thing.

sooo if i want to have a 16v system. i need to get 14v batteries and have my alternator charge at 16v

hope that answered your question!

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Is there like a switch to make the alternator charge at 16? Lol or does it just do it automatically

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I'm running a single alternator as well with a d1200 under the hood and 3 d3100s In back and its not enough. Getting ready to go to 5 d3100s

How many amps is your alternator?

270 amp

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Is there like a switch to make the alternator charge at 16? Lol or does it just do it automatically

this is the one i have0827-420x280.jpg

this is mechman's

GMadapt__24864.1349448052.1280.1280.jpg

with the xs power, you hold down the - and + and itll say adj then you either increase or decrease voltage from there then hit - + again to lock it at that voltage

with mechmans AVBM you use a screw driver to adjust your voltage, same thing. just the vcm has a screen pretty much

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

oh ok so it's an extra piece that you attach that regulates that stuff

My Build Log

Yes sir.^^

I'd compare the 9k to my Crossfire 8k. You could get away with 3 3100s and a nice underhood batt such as a 3400 and obviously a HO alt. Anything above that can only help.

Good luck.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

sooo if i want to have a 16v system. i need to get 14v batteries and have my alternator charge at 16v

hope that answered your question!

humm.. no.

12v system = 12v batts charging at 14v

14v system = 14v batts charging at 16v

16v system = 16v batts charging at 18v

back on topic , questions has been answered by cody and jeff

4-5 3100s and upgraded alt.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/9k.html

Edited by heckvr4
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1