out of highscool time to get real. scooby redo. crossfire+psi trunkwall subs are here

spray on or roll on deadener. ? Just an idea. Or rubberized coating like plastidip..so its still removeable if you change it up

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I highly doubt this box WOULD have needed caulk, I always use it regardless. That's my preference, and its what I will always do. If like to know the box will take whatever he wants to throw at it.

>

Cut straight and you won't have to use caulk to seal up the boxes.

The quality of this box is far superior to average, Im confident in that. So I'll continue with my methods

Oh my. Sorry I didnt know I was talking to the know it all best box builder in highschool ever... If caulk is whats holding the box together, I feel sorry for you. You can only play the 'Im young and got a decent stereo' for so long before your just an old guy that thinks hes always right.

Dude you don't have room to talk. You have a kerf..so what. You're box has basic butt joints with bad glue overflow...you are far from the box master

and your joints don't look 100% perfect in your pics. There is nothing wrong with running a bead of some kind of sealant on the inside of your enclosure to make sure its sealed 100%. His box is above average and better than some senior members I see build on here. Your sarcasm is lost..because you are coming off as that "old guy who always thinks he is right" ....keep the negative comments to yourself..this is his build log not a chance for people to jump on his building technique.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

^^^what this guy said. If his box building methods work let em be. I personaly dont use calk i always run a bead of liquid nails why because its what works for me and theirs always a tube or two around in my garage. Everybody has differrent methods just because he dont build the same way you do doesnt mean he is wrong. In the end he will still have a box and it will still be sealed up.

I highly doubt this box WOULD have needed caulk, I always use it regardless. That's my preference, and its what I will always do. If like to know the box will take whatever he wants to throw at it.

The quality of this box is far superior to average, Im confident in that. So I'll continue with my methods

Oh my. Sorry I didnt know I was talking to the know it all best box builder in highschool ever... If caulk is whats holding the box together, I feel sorry for you. You can only play the 'Im young and got a decent stereo' for so long before your just an old guy that thinks hes always right.

fritosaregood, Are you really that ignorant? Read the thread from the beginning. CleanSierra isn't a high school kid, or a noob. Check his profile and some of his posts. Way to run your mouth without knowing what you're talking about.

yes, im ignorant because I didnt read the entire thread. I simply posted a constructive comment and get a know it all response. Check my profile, check my post, check all my builds. the fact is throwing on silicone to a properly build box is a waist unless you are plugging holes that you might have run wire through. It adds no strength, no matter how much you guys do it or think it helps. If you have to use silicone as much as was done on this box then you cant cut straight. Some ppl just need to relax when someone give a comment thats not saying "OMG You're the greatest ever!!"

>

Dude you don't have room to talk. You have a kerf..so what. You're box has basic butt joints with bad glue overflow...you are far from the box master

and your joints don't look 100% perfect in your pics. There is nothing wrong with running a bead of some kind of sealant on the inside of your enclosure to make sure its sealed 100%. His box is above average and better than some senior members I see build on here. Your sarcasm is lost..because you are coming off as that "old guy who always thinks he is right" ....keep the negative comments to yourself..this is his build log not a chance for people to jump on his building technique.

basic butt joints? Do you build boxes with dovetail joints? Never did I say I was a box master, or did I give a negative comment... I stated something, then the "builder" took offense to it.

And what is the point of a build log exactly? It is to show off work and get ppl responses. Whether its positive, negative, advice, or the one worders. I gave advice..

I appreciate your advice Fritos, I've never had a negative word for you, and still don't. I have been doing this a long time and by no means am I stubborn. I definitely don't like to pull out a heavy ass box if I hear an air leak.

On a similar note, I rock climb. When leading a route, I place protection in the form of cams and eye bolts to connect quickdraws

to. Yes I've seen some guys place little to NO protection and have been just fine. I like knowing it's there in case I fall. I would NEVER take the advice of another climber to place less protection because it was their preference. I feel safe doing it how I do it, and I won't be changing it. Your advice is noted :)

If you like the build, that I'm helping for a fellow member with, feel free to say you like it. If you're here to criticize my work, keep it to yourself and don't clutter up a build log with negativity.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I appreciate your advice Fritos, I've never had a negative word for you, and still don't. I have been doing this a long time and by no means am I stubborn. I definitely don't like to pull out a heavy ass box if I hear an air leak.

On a similar note, I rock climb. When leading a route, I place protection in the form of cams and eye bolts to connect quickdraws

to. Yes I've seen some guys place little to NO protection and have been just fine. I like knowing it's there in case I fall. I would NEVER take the advice of another climber to place less protection because it was their preference. I feel safe doing it how I do it, and I won't be changing it. Your advice is noted :)

If you like the build, that I'm helping for a fellow member with, feel free to say you like it. If you're here to criticize my work, keep it to yourself and don't clutter up a build log with negativity.

Just hurry and get subs in and playing!

on a side note. Where did you get those bar clamps you used? I found some on ebay that looks like those, but slowly every one of them had the trigger part on the handles crack off. I wonder if you had any of them have the same problem.

These are garbage clamps too, they are from harbor freight haha. I think they're only $5 so it's not a huge deal. I dropped one really lightly and the plastic case shattered. I only use the clamp as an extra set of hands real quickly while I can get a couple screws set.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived