Sonic Electronix

Im going to go sub up port back.

sbg just said that was the worst option

I run mine subs up port back, I've actually done over 15 builds in this and sub up port back has always been loudest on my tl and sounds better to the ear

Im going to go sub up port back.

sbg just said that was the worst option

I run mine subs up port back, I've actually done over 15 builds in this and sub up port back has always been loudest on my tl and sounds better to the ear

Yea, I like the sound way better as well. I have heard sub and port up and sub and port back, didnt really care for it.

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

Mine is an xlt with out the 3rd row seating though so I have a big cargo space. My current enclosure is about 10" from the rear gate and my rear gate has 4 layers of sound dampening. Only issue I've been having are the hinges on my glass are breaking.

crazy must just be about box/sub . because most all the people on here say port to driver side /sub up is the loudest... and that if u damp your back gate that u lose db's. i dont have a 3rd row and have big cargo space to and to me my lows are better with sub up port back but didnt seem as loud to the ear for me. and i like to be more loud then low but thats just me.

Mine is an xlt with out the 3rd row seating though so I have a big cargo space. My current enclosure is about 10" from the rear gate and my rear gate has 4 layers of sound dampening. Only issue I've been having are the hinges on my glass are breaking.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

^^^ i was just thinking i may have different sound because i have a big chunk of weather stripping missing at the bottom of my gate.... 5D16DC94-B969-44CF-B4F1-94A6DB1DFF14-112

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

I really feel that subs, box and power make a huge difference in every build. Thats why the peak frequency of your vehicle changes with every set up. My box is 12 cubes so it takes up a ton of room, if you have lets say 12's in a box less than 1/2 of that it's not going to sound nearly the same if I put the box in the same place. This kind of stuff is usually what I use to get bored and do at the shop when we were slow lol.

for daily driving ported to the hatch is the best...now if your wanting max spl port to the driver side helps create a better pressure area for the mic. while also taking the strain off the hatch.

larry is your hinges cast aluminum or solid? the OE was cast and broke both of mine a few weeks after upgrading to my 18. the new ones i got from ford was solid and i have had no problems since

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

for daily driving ported to the hatch is the best...now if your wanting max spl port to the driver side helps create a better pressure area for the mic. while also taking the strain off the hatch.

larry is your hinges cast aluminum or solid? the OE was cast and broke both of mine a few weeks after upgrading to my 18. the new ones i got from ford was solid and i have had no problems since

Think I'm going to move my box around tomorrow, I just got done like 4days ago with a new build and built my box subs up port to gate. But moved it to port up sub to gate. Did u say port should be like 10" for gate?

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

All you can do is try different positions bro, each one is different. Mine is that far back right now yours, will vary on distance. Do you have a termlab or have access to one?

Oh and kb I have the aluminum ones. I've looked online to try and find a price but hey are hard to find so at some point I was going to stop by our ford dealer. Just never got around to it or always forgot to stop lol

Archived