Second Skin Audio

port orientation. can ports be parallel

can ports be a different shape other than L like for example my sub box right now that i built has parallel walls. what i mean by parallel

--------------------------------------------------------------------

l

l l

l l

l l

l

--------------------------------------------------------------------

my boxs port is in the middle and i have 2 subs. i was just wondering if this is ok.

ALSO! What is the triangle thing found in most middle shared ported box designs. it sits in the middle of the port opening at the back wall. umm any info on what it does and correct measurements to make won would be great thanks.

As long as the cross sectional area of the port remains the same throughout the length of the port, pretty much you can do it any way you want, just bear in mind that turns reduce efficiency, the "triangle thing" mantains the cross sectional area of the port and reduces turbulence.

Totally forgot I posted this. Lol I was a wee bit um... not in the correct state of mind:) lol strangduck has the correct idea. And thanks to everyone who posted:)

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

also the traingle is to help push the airflow into the share port peice more smooth and even. some people have seen gains from this some havent and if my memory serves me right some people have even lost output from this.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived