Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15 Box Build


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just some pictures of a box assembly I just finished building this morning for a guy.
He has a dual 1ohm Ascendant Audio Mayhem 15, He will be running an AudioQue 3500.1 at .5ohms to the single woofer.

Pretty much started off plotting the box design out on Term-Pro Enclosure software (left screen shows the box response, it changed a tad more with more tweaking to the box). Also had a couple other designs I was messing with for other boxes :D
20130311_062431_zpsf4b7efdb.jpg

Cut my wood to ruff sizes
20130311_090940_zpsfd8a765c.jpg

Basic assembly started
20130312_190953_zps47d26920.jpg

Cut some port spacers
20130312_192149_zpsc03be8a7.jpg

Dry fitting port
20130312_191018_zps1a2d495c.jpg

20130312_192227_zps3e1e0409.jpg

20130312_192948_zps0bfc6e5a.jpg

Port assembly (where the sexy happens)
20130312_193108_zpsbd108d98.jpg

20130312_193856_zps54c63dfa.jpg

20130312_194608_zpsb0ac381b.jpg

 

 

Posted

20130312_194630_zps93125215.jpg

20130312_194641_zpsde635a99.jpg

20130312_194754_zps691569ed.jpg

Gotta cut this down since its a little wide, normally Id use a round over bit, but I was after more of a peak or torpedo type shape vs a round over.
20130312_194909_zpscd7f454e.jpg

20130312_195032_zpsd2eb3031.jpg

20130312_195042_zps1aca882d.jpg

20130312_195126_zpse183458d.jpg

20130312_200234_zps5d38e1ae.jpg

20130312_200335_zpsbe800918.jpg

Weighting down the port tip
20130312_201313_zps7c4e52b8.jpg

20130312_210900_zps5888f5ed.jpg

 

 

Posted

nice wood working skills brian.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

A little bit of clean up sanding to remove excess glue
20130313_144653_zps008bbb67.jpg

Port gluing
20130313_150336_zps56a073b7.jpg

Port glued and nailed, with a little bit of weight to help hold it down tight since I have no clamps to reach that far into the box
20130313_151738_zpsd4c00a6a.jpg

First baffle already on, getting the 2nd baffle ready
20130313_170214_zps5dde857a.jpg

20130313_170224_zpsd13cb05d.jpg

I use a lot of glue, my choice is Titebond 3. Always spread a good even coat, just pouring it on and assuming the pressure from the wood will spread it even is a no no.
20130313_172103_zps91779302.jpg

More weight while I let the glue cure a little bit
20130313_172723_zpsa7626941.jpg

Third partial baffle, just to give the woofer mounting screws a tad more to grab into
20130313_181501_zpsc5ea0dda.jpg

20130313_182011_zpse911e04e.jpg

Rounded over the outside edges with a 1/4inch round over bit
20130313_182133_zps1ba9fec5.jpg

 

 

Posted

20130313_182252_zps757f4297.jpg

20130313_182758_zps1dbdaa2c.jpg

How it will be once the other 2 baffles are routered out
20130313_182941_zps88d1525d.jpg

Went to work on a side brace
20130313_185146_zps8712a969.jpg

20130313_185202_zpsabff6beb.jpg

Glued and nailed into place
20130313_190242_zpsf3210a49.jpg

Start of a brace for the back wall, top, and bottom
20130313_191425_zpsbf73db30.jpg

20130313_192235_zpsffee946e.jpg

Test fit
20130313_192251_zps790c1a9c.jpg

Decided to make a rounded front edge
20130313_194115_zps8f699fe0.jpg

 

 

Posted

Then hit both sides with a 1/4inch round over bit
20130313_195206_zpscf674443.jpg

Glued and nailed in place
20130313_201247_zps502d6b0b.jpg

A smaller brace for the port wall
20130313_202322_zps05932182.jpg

As if you havent been able to tell, I love lots of glue!
20130313_202530_zps983d139d.jpg

Glued and nailed into place
20130313_202842_zpsec9e3a01.jpg

So here are some interior gut shots before I close it up, the 3rd partial baffle is just resting in place. It wont get glued and nailed until the top is on and the other 2 baffles are routered out so I can get it flush with the other holes.
20130313_203911_zpsb5812a1d.jpg

20130313_203901_zps859a12fb.jpg

20130313_203841_zpsb2ba9575.jpg

Top marked out and ready for glue and nailing
20130313_184240_zpsc6e54ea1.jpg

Many passes with the router and the front 2 baffles are cut out
20130313_213136_zpsba41254b.jpg

 

 

Posted

At this point I glued and nailed that 3rd partial baffle flush with the other holes
20130313_223254_zps54f705b0.jpg

Routered the corners of the top and bottom to have the same curved radius, and sanded the dried extra glue off the sides.
20130314_050048_zps7db0c3ed.jpg

and completed... finally. LOL
20130314_055604_zps89297579.jpg

20130314_055610_zpsda5a4c5d.jpg

20130314_055616_zpsd4aa9a49.jpg

20130314_055636_zpsc40a7dbd.jpg

20130314_055642_zpsfcf79c33.jpg

20130314_055710_zpsa0a24fe6.jpg

20130314_060348_zpsd7522ed9.jpg

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...