New SQ set up in the Scion tC, Need Opinions, Options, Ideas please!

HunterJohnson

I have the older neo version of those tang bands. they work quite well. I replaced them with some peerless 4"s that are better though.

I've never liked how subs sound when used as midbass. if you have the room, look at the peerless SLS in whatever size you want to use. those are killer for midbass. I just got a pair because I couldn't find anything better anywhere near the price.

lose the 6.5" driver. a 4 way front stage is just too much. my 3way setup can definitely be heard over a 145db sub stage.

What's ur 3 way set up?

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Skittles is right about those peerless sls. They kick ass as midbass speakers. The four way up front will be too complicated. A 3 way can be difficult at the best of times.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

So you guys suggest

8"/4"/tweeter

Over

6.5"/4"/tweeter

yes. more midbass out of the 8" than out of a 6.5".

I have peerless sls for midbass. peerless HDS 4"s (voted very highly in a midrange shootout on DIYMA). rainbow slc 25.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

So you guys suggest

8"/4"/tweeter

Over

6.5"/4"/tweeter

yes. more midbass out of the 8" than out of a 6.5".

I have peerless sls for midbass. peerless HDS 4"s (voted very highly in a midrange shootout on DIYMA). rainbow slc 25.

You guys are all suggesting I redo all my speakers and start fresh? I can't use anything I have?

Scion tC SQ Build

you're asking for advice man lol. I just told you what I have because you asked. I didnt know you had already bought the stuff on your list. if you did already buy it all then it's a little late for advice lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

you're asking for advice man lol. I just told you what I have because you asked. I didnt know you had already bought the stuff on your list. if you did already buy it all then it's a little late for advice lol.

I can sell my equipment I have and purchase those drivers.

I'm just trying to figure it all out lol it's alot of thought

Scion tC SQ Build

I would only use one 3 way active component set if it was mine ... (heck, I'm still running passive in mine ... LOL)

On separate 2 channel amps ... simply because of better overall headroom and dyanmics.

Why would you want to run two different size subs ???

How loud does your one set get? I know most people who have heard your truck says it gets decently loud. I'm hoping to be decently loud. I don't want to say numbers but it would be nice to be loud enough to be heard over 130db of bass
We (team Linear / Blues) wil not play anything if we can not crank the shit out of it ... Especially me. I was told last year at MECA Finals that I could not park inside with the SQ vehicles because of my aggressive demos ...

I'm running a running a 5.25" midrange / midbass driver with a tweeter on each side of my dash, with a 6.5" driver in each door. I have a pair of Blues 8s to go in the doors if I need it, but from the looks of things, the 6.5s are more than enough ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

So you guys suggest

8"/4"/tweeter

Over

6.5"/4"/tweeter

Most people would disagree with me ... But after my experiment, I would take a 5.25" over a 4" driver anyday ... And only use a larger midbass driver ONLY if you need it because it can pull your stage and image down if you don't watch what you are doing ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I can sell my equipment I have and purchase those drivers.

I'm just trying to figure it all out lol it's alot of thought

hell ya it is lol. well the equipment I listed is fairly cheap and, except for the tweeters, rated by most of the reviews I could find as the best for the price. I did a lot of research. I have 150w to the mids and tweets. then about 300w to the midbass.

obviously you know there are a million ways to get the job done.

Archived