New SQ set up in the Scion tC, Need Opinions, Options, Ideas please!

HunterJohnson

And what's his trick to no tweeters?

Tons of processing ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

pointing the speakers at your ears is usually good. thats how my mids and tweets are set up

And distance wise? How far away are they?

as far away from you as you can.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

pointing the speakers at your ears is usually good. thats how my mids and tweets are set up

And distance wise? How far away are they?
as far away from you as you can.

Makes sense since pro audio always sounds better 10-15ft away lol

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

And what's his trick to no tweeters?

Tons of processing ...

Ill stick to tweeters then. Ill figure this out before I do something the pros do.

So I'm thinking redo my kicks to 8" midbass and glass my doors with 4" or 5.25" and where do you recommend the tweeters?

Scion tC SQ Build

as close to the mids as possible.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you want smoother tweeters hunt for some fabric domes or ribbon tweeters if you can fit them. Larger ribbon models play mids very well without sacrificing much extension. I don't like silk domes but most fabric domes are pretty "smooth" I just find that most of the silk diaphragm tweeters I have sampled seemed to lack when it came to reproducing percussion even with rounded performance on other music styles.

I'm gonna hate

as close to the mids as possible.

Okay because currently I have my tweeters close at the kicks then far away. So if I put them closer together hopefully that will make them sound/transition smoother.

Since they sound better far away how do you think the 8" and tweeter in kick then 4/5.25" glassed in the side will sound?

Scion tC SQ Build

If you want smoother tweeters hunt for some fabric domes or ribbon tweeters if you can fit them. Larger ribbon models play mids very well without sacrificing much extension. I don't like silk domes but most fabric domes are pretty "smooth" I just find that most of the silk diaphragm tweeters I have sampled seemed to lack when it came to reproducing percussion even with rounded performance on other music styles.

Ribbon tweeters are harsh. You have to tune them down and they get louder/harsher the more they break in. If you have a chance listen to the vifa tweeters I've never heard a nicer tweeter in that price range they even come with silk/aluminum/fabric types of domes.

I agree tho smoother tweeters are the best

Scion tC SQ Build

I have never had trouble with harsh ribbons but I suppose that is because I prefer older ribbon tweeters. Guess it is worth mentioning that all of mine (mostly home audio, 3 pairs) were made before 2000. I happen to think most any driver made before 2000 is superior in quality to today's offerings. Luckily in a TC you have good mounting options and don't need ludicrous dispersion characteristics so your options are really open. The best fabric domes I have heard (some of the best tweeters that I have heard period) were the original Dynaudio Esotars.

I will have to see about hearing some Vifa tweets I have heard Dynaudio, Scan Speak, high-end "name brand" lines of all sorts, Morel, Rainbow, and recently Focal in vehicles and I like Rainbow the best so far for highs.

I'm gonna hate

I have never had trouble with harsh ribbons but I suppose that is because I prefer older ribbon tweeters. Guess it is worth mentioning that all of mine (mostly home audio, 3 pairs) were made before 2000. I happen to think most any driver made before 2000 is superior in quality to today's offerings. Luckily in a TC you have good mounting options and don't need ludicrous dispersion characteristics so your options are really open. The best fabric domes I have heard (some of the best tweeters that I have heard period) were the original Dynaudio Esotars.

I will have to see about hearing some Vifa tweets I have heard Dynaudio, Scan Speak, high-end "name brand" lines of all sorts, Morel, Rainbow, and recently Focal in vehicles and I like Rainbow the best so far for highs.

That's awesome where'd you get to hear all these speakers!

Also have you heard the luelueman or something like that they have a ribbon tweeter that faces forwards and backwards.

Scion tC SQ Build

Archived