New SQ set up in the Scion tC, Need Opinions, Options, Ideas please!

HunterJohnson

Very nice Amplifiers

Thanks Randall, I have an opportunity to buy another f407 for $100 idk if I should do it. I want the older Japanese ones

Looking at that F407 the signal path is soooo simple and clean. Straight across you see low level input > output stage > speaker terminals, I would jump on one of those for $100 and that is just LOOKING at it online.

I'm gonna hate

I made pods that sit on my dash against the A pillars. should be pics in my build log. but that way I didnt have to make ant permanent mods to the car.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I made pods that sit on my dash against the A pillars. should be pics in my build log. but that way I didnt have to make ant permanent mods to the car.

That was sort the idea for my dash ... Until we decided to jump from 4s to 5.25s ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That was sort the idea for my dash ... Until we decided to jump from 4s to 5.25s ...
Did you ever complete it? And how did it sound

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Yep, for now ...

This is a copy of a post from my build log after the SBN Daytona event ...

just wanted to add that this truck sounds AMAZING. Blew me away actually. Insane clarity! Good work my friend.

:ninja:

that is the truth right there, and to think you only had the pair of 5 1/4's and the tweets playing, doors were off and it still sounded amazing.

Thank you guys for all of the great comments ...

ALOT of work has been put into that dash, but the tweeters have to be re-angled,

so we will be going back in to the dash soon ... (hopefully before the next big MECA event) and hopefully, nothing "visible" will change ...

Yep ... Went through the entire weekend of demos and competition without my midbass drivers (doors) ... But it seems like the Blues 5.25s done the trick for the most park. I lost dynamics, but got decent scores in Sound Quality ...

Now then ... Thanks to Ray at Linear Power, I now have an "'old School" Linear Power X02 crossover on my 6.5" midbass drivers in the doors ...

Now the door drivers are fully active and work nicely with my "Passive" 5.25" component set in the dash ... Which gives me my dynamics back (and then some) and puts me back up to full power of 600 watts for my front stage !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Thanks for sharing again. I would like to do the same thing you have.

6.5's in the doors and 5.25+tweeters on my dash.

What's wrong with the tweeters? Where are you moving them now.

I'm also toying with the idea of using aura NS-2 full range 2" drivers instead of 5.25 just to leave the windshield more open

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Oh and any pictures would be fantastic!! Thanks Randall

working on this ... however, I'm going through a tough time with hail damage claims and insurance ...

Hoping to get this taken care of soon ...

Archived