Second Skin Audio

First Blow Thur Help

When I first bought my 2004 GMC Sierra Ext Cab, my first thought was how the hell am I gonna put a decent setup under my rear seat.

First I bought a sealed box to fit two 12" kenwood subs, (the only subs I had shallow enough to fit) to give me a little bump in the mean time tell I could come up with something louder.

My one goal was that I did not want to sacrafic my seating space, and to make it extremely loud. The only thing I could think of was to do a 4th order blow thru bed box.

The equipment I have currently is a Skar Audio VVX 12 and a RE Audio DTS-1000.1 powering it. I plan on purchasing another vvx 12.

the box I came up with has a sealed side of 2.77 ft³ and the ported side a gross volume of 5.26 ft³, net volume of 3.58 ft³ and tuned to 44.74 Hz

How does this design look? anything that would make it better?

also how should I go about sealing the blow thru off from the elements

Thanks

bandpass1.png

bandpass2.png

And why the deflector/loading wall you have in front of the subs?

It was the only way I could fit that long of a port in the box, without hitting the magnets of the subs

You can also place the subs near the sides, also you should disclose your calculations, high tuned ports don't need to be very long usually.

You can also place the subs near the sides, also you should disclose your calculations, high tuned ports don't need to be very long usually.

the external measurements are 16" tall x 50" wide x 22" Deep

The sealed side is 2.79 Ft3 and the ported side is 5.28 Ft3 before port displacement

The port opening is 6" wide and 14" tall and 25" long

Archived