Sundown Audio

C1100.4 noise? Other amps no noise?

Mikey Bates

Ok I wrapped some wires around the rcas on the HU and nothing, touched it to the metal and such nothing. What I did notice was a scratchy sound when I loved the radio. Come to find out the ground on my head unit was making it because it's spun together not soldered. But even when held together so there was no scratchy noise the whine was still there. Note still clean on other 4 channels though

Any other ideas? Plan is to put it in my sisters car and see what it does in there. The ground I have ( ill take a pick soon ) is solid frame. I don't see how it's the amp ground. Went from eh RCAs to some nice Knuconcepts and nothing changed, it's not the speaker wire since I had two short runs to some tweeters away from everything and it was nice wire. Tried grounding the rcas at the head unit, didnt do it quite spectacularly but didnt notice any remote change at all, and also notice when wiggling the ground at the HU you can hear noise in the speakers as a result so I'm going to solder that and get that squared away but even when held solid didn't change anything. Other ideas to finding this problem? I have very little experience with tracing the issue. And ps I am going to fix another amp ground for shuts just to say I've tried another amp ground. Thanks for any help!

Archived