im new to air suspension and just looking for a good welder that is reliable for my

first project. im thinking of gettin a licoln welder from home depot or a hobbart

i just need some guidance on wich would be a good welder that is cheap and good...

If it's your first time welding, a MIG welder would be good. It's pretty much the hot-glue-gun of the welding world.

If you are looking to get more speedy, you can look into a TIG welder. You can weld pretty much anything with those, including aluminum. But they take more skill and cost quite a bit.

The cheapest of them all is a stick welder. It does great with thicker metals, but not so great with thin sheets

Mig is your best bet. Also, get a 220v welder! A 110 wont weld anything over 1/8" plate very well.

Tigs are nice, can get some sweet welds, but expensive and ususlly takes some skill

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

MIG welder and get 220V if possible, you will be glad you did. Also, dont use flux core if you can afford the (CO2/Ar) bottle with .030 wire. Good for general purpose fab work.

Thanks for the advice i guess im going to try to get a licoln 180hd or hobart handler 190

they both are 220v

Remember to look at the duty cycle too.

That hobart handler will only do about 100 amps at 50%.

If you're only welding for short periods of time you will be fine.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I got my self an ESAB Migmaster 203 a few years ago and it is perfect for me. Easy to set up and welds like a bastard. It has a spot timer so when I do sheet metal I get the voltage and wire speed dialed in, set the spot timer and ZERO burn through and ZERO booger welds...

Thanks for the advice i guess im going to try to get a licoln 180hd or hobart handler 190

they both are 220v

Good luck and let us know how you like your new welder.

Archived