Help with replacement springs please (coil-overs?)

You can do a simple air set up using just some bags, some air line, and a couple fittings. Then all you have to do is air up the bags with a home air compressor and go. Fairly simple and you can do that with any size bag.

I thought about that, the issue i have is that i have to weld brackets on the rear axle, then weld pads on the car so i am not just putting all that weight on the unibody. Then, those will have to sit closer together than the actual springs, Having them close like that might mean i will have issues in corners with the car leaning. Plus, you put all that weight supported between the wheels instead of directly on them it might wear out wheel bearing faster. Also, I want to stick with actual springs because air bags can fail, where a spring is highly unlikely to fail. I really don't want to worry about something going to hell at 65 mph.

I appreciate the input, but i want to keep this simple and do it right. My car probably weighs 1800 pounds and i am going to put 600 to 700 pounds of stuff in it. I will not be taking chances. I already replaced the front pads and rotors with new ones, and will be redoing the rear brakes. I've replaced quite a few front and rear suspension parts already too.

I think sometimes, people don't take that stuff into account when you wall off. All this stuff i need to do to make sure the car will not be unsafe to drive just because i want some beat. lol

thanks again.

Buy a truck! Stronger electrical big suspension

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Buy a truck! Stronger electrical big suspension

lol, i have a truck. I need it to haul my mdf and parts. And its a single cab :(

No i am not doing a blow through.

No i am not doing a blow through.

Exactly. You're doing a walk through ;)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I got the same problem.. I need new springs for my 2000 accord.. the air suspension for the money we are able to spend is not save at all .. I wish you good luck with finding the solution cause it might help me out lol !

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

I got a quote for 248 for my springs from Coil Spring Specialties. So, i hope to order in a couple weeks and get the ball rolling. Thanks again to MarioB for pointing me in the right direction.

700lbs of extra capacity should be awesome!

• 1 month later...

I want to bump this thread becuase before i pull the trigger on custom springs i want to ask about these

http://www.slickcar.com/details/1680-coilovers.asp

Coil-overs, do they work? I don't really know for sure what the point of these are. Are they just for lowering or could they be used to adjust my height back up?

thanks.

Those will work but you will have to adjust them up and the ride probably won't be very good because the spring rate is for a stock car. I have a set of Option racing coil overs like that, brand new, I bought for my 90 Accord with a higher spring rate to compensate for my stereo if you are interested. I ended up going with air, then hydraulics so never used them. I'm not sure on the exact spring rates but i can try to dig it up. If you're interested pm me for more info.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Those will work but you will have to adjust them up and the ride probably won't be very good because the spring rate is for a stock car. I have a set of Option racing coil overs like that, brand new, I bought for my 90 Accord with a higher spring rate to compensate for my stereo if you are interested. I ended up going with air, then hydraulics so never used them. I'm not sure on the exact spring rates but i can try to dig it up. If you're interested pm me for more info.

thanks, I'll have to see if i can make those work, i also considered progressive rate springs too. I have to call summit tomorrow and get more info. I just want to explore all option before spending more money.

Archived