Second Skin Audio

Check this crap out!!! Last page

So funny story, and dumbass me. So I got SO caught up in.this whole fully double layered box idea, apparently somewhere along the way I starting forgetting inside and outside dimensions. I ended up cutting my sides short. It's not bad, about a $20 mistake. I already re-calculated for an extra inch of height and I will be able to keep volume just about exactly the same and ratios the same, as well as tuning and displacements. I feel dumb, but at least I.got the port dead nuts on.

The old saying measure twice, cut once finally bit me. Like I.said, it wasn't s huge deal, just have to go get more wood and rip 4 more cuts.

Also on a side note, I wonder if I should do my outer shell in birch?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So I corrected my error. New wood is cut and test fit a little. The small pieces you see in the small sealed side are only to support what will be the double baffle for pics. It will be a clean chamber stuffed with polyfill when I'm done.

20130416_183206.jpg

Clean are you sure you want to cut up your truck haha jk man. Those are some clean cuts,you have table saw or just really handy with a circular saw

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Clean are you sure you want to cut up your truck haha jk man. Those are some clean cuts,you have table saw or just really handy with a circular saw

I just use a straight line and a circular saw. To me a table saw would be cumbersome. I'd much rather control the saw, than wrestle the bigass MDF around.

-Edit- BTW, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED THE SUPPORT TO NOT CUT THE HOLE? Everyone else was gung ho on advising me that cutting was a great option.....

once you do it and get it in you will be happy. i dont regret my blow through one bit :)

but i only cut a 12x12 hole for the port to go through so it wasnt nearly as bad as cutting and reinforcing the whole back wall.... also the dam accordion boot is freaking expensive so i saved a bundle just doing the little hole

The money on accordion boot will be well spent. I wish it were cheaper, but it is a pretty small investment for something that is sealing me off from the elements.

Im pretty excited to see what it sounds like and how much this thing destroys the lows. I think(hope) that this is going to be a very SQ, musically badass enclosure. Time and testing is the only thing that will tell.

Archived