losing my highs when turning up the volume

Bmike

So just recently I upgraded my front door and dash speakers. The comp set im using is the skar 6.5 set. Now my problem is that when i get to 30 out of 40 on my volume the highs from the tweeters start to fade out , sort of muffled, not distorted or crackly , just seem to start fading away. Happens with all kinds of music rock, rap and metal.

I have my head unit also dd-1ed, i have distortion at 39 on my front rcas, and none on my rear and sub out put

I have a dd-1, used -0 to set my p400-2

I have also went as far as to back of the gain, thinking im giving it to much power, but nothing changed.

I'm using a set of knuconcept rca's, checked them for visible damage, none to the eye, seeing that they're the same ones that i have been using and i didn't change anything with them i dont think they're the issue.

On the crossover itself i started with the -3 db for the tweets, then shortly realized the fading, so at that point i changed it to -0 to see if it would help, still the same issue. no improvement.

any ideas ?

am I expecting to much?

or am I just missing something?

the equipment.

pioneer 4300 dvd

skar 6.5 comp set

p400-2 fosgate

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I was thinking the same thing, maybee some one with the skar set will chime in soon, its getting dark around here so i wont be able to mess around with it til tomorrow, no rush at all.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Archived