Second Skin Audio

Do i nead new subs

How can you explain something to someone who thinks putting some 6x9's in the rear deck fixes their shitty bose setup?

this post has nothing to do with bose. this post started out with subs.

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=57867

This is what makes me mad 6x9 realy. people that dont give a reason dont have a clue or never used the product.

This GUy is one of the Mr me2's. DICK

And look he has followers. Do you feel stooped yet? YOU should.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

I sed it several times in this post they ar 6 1/2 what part did you miss. Not reading the post but yet wants to bash it. this is what i am talking about.

But people are trying to help me?????

Ok last try...I stopped posting but have been reading.

In response to your link you never specified what 660 series stuff you had. There are 660 6x9's same price too...also a 660 amp... More specifics might help.

And maybe enclosure specs...if your really on a VFL400 you have alot of power at your disposal maybe your enclosure is the crutch here?

Half of your statements make you sound like your trolling..if you aren't then I don't get it... but here is my last stab at this

Post some enclosure specs...maybe a picture of your setup. If you are set in stone on new subs...maybe try the new X series from sundown. They are on preorder...no one really has experience with them except Sundown and Hatersgonnahate(won one in SOTM)

you never specified your subwoofer size? You threw out model numbers but no real Specs at all.. you have 12's or 15's??

Cone area is king...going from 12's to 15's in the jbls and a new enclosure could give you a noticeable increase in SPL and retain similar sond that you are used too.

If you take a good look at sudnowns threads and vids on the ne Z series and X series you would see those are beasts and if you preorder you will probably be the first in your area to run them. I had experience with sundown stuff before..took double rated rms clipped and sounded good doing it....There is a reason alot of people hug their nuts.

I said all I have to say..but maybe other members will take more kindly to helping you and this thread will change direction if you post USEFUL info on your setup. We can't guess what specifics (sub size/speaker model) you have in your setup.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

In response to your link you never specified what 660 series stuff you had. There are 660 6x9's same price too...also a 660 amp... More specifics might help.

And maybe enclosure specs...if your really on a VFL400 you have alot of power at your disposal maybe your enclosure is the crutch here?

Half of your statements make you sound like your trolling..if you aren't then I don't get it... but here is my last stab at this

Post some enclosure specs...maybe a picture of your setup. If you are set in stone on new subs...maybe try the new X series from sundown. They are on preorder...no one really has experience with them except Sundown and Hatersgonnahate(won one in SOTM)

you never specified your subwoofer size? You threw out model numbers but no real Specs at all.. you have 12's or 15's??

Cone area is king...going from 12's to 15's in the jbls and a new enclosure could give you a noticeable increase in SPL and retain similar sond that you are used too.

If you take a good look at sudnowns threads and vids on the ne Z series and X series you would see those are beasts and if you preorder you will probably be the first in your area to run them. I had experience with sundown stuff before..took double rated rms clipped and sounded good doing it....There is a reason alot of people hug their nuts.

I said all I have to say..but maybe other members will take more kindly to helping you and this thread will change direction if you post USEFUL info on your setup. We can't guess what specifics (sub size/speaker model) you have in your setup.

Not the case.... No one ever asked.

I have 2x 12 JBL MKII's H15xW32xD19 net volume 4.11ft sub displacement.298ft and port area 11.25 inchs at 30HZ. The 660's are firing at 35deg angle side by side with super tweets in the center in the middle of the rear deck. the 660's and super tweets are powerd by a american bass sq600. The Bose 6 1/2 and 1inch tweets are powerd by oem 200w amp in each door. I have a 220 alt 2x1/0 from front battery to rear batts. rear batts are 2xC&D batts and oem batt in front with big three and more. I dont rem the C&D battery model but hey are 100lbs each. O and a bose stock radio with pink noise mike and 2x audio control LC2i one for base and one for mids and highs.

not mad at any one that posted. what gets my goat is the ones that dont read the hole post and coment or those that dont have a reson why they would pick a product. The advice is great but when you cant tell me why you would pick a product that bugs the hell out of me. ; ) How could you advise some one to use a product and down (some not every one that posted) the product they have if you dont have a reason why.

ok i have 2 sundown audio sa-8v2d2s because they look cool and have a shiny magnet ;)

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

not mad at any one that posted. what gets my goat is the ones that dont read the hole post and coment or those that dont have a reson why they would pick a product. The advice is great but when you cant tell me why you would pick a product that bugs the hell out of me. ; ) How could you advise some one to use a product and down (some not every one that posted) the product they have if you dont have a reason why.

ok i have 2 sundown audio sa-8v2d2s because they look cool and have a shiny magnet ;)

I heer that they are beast. some one told me that they sound like 10's beating.

we all gave you reasons why we picked the stuff we picked. Everyone picks the best stuff they can get for the best price because of the quality of the product. I chose my kicker L7 12's and my hifonics brx2100.1D because i got unbeatable prices on them and when match'd up with the right box and tuning it sounds fantastic. Others choose Sundown again because of the amazing sound output and for the price you can get their stuff for. Some want awesome stuff for their budget range and the quality and price is what makes them choose their product. Noone goes out and buys shitty stuff at the highest price! You shop around, read reviews, listen to it first hand then once you match all the variables you purchase.

we all gave you reasons why we picked the stuff we picked. Everyone picks the best stuff they can get for the best price because of the quality of the product. I chose my kicker L7 12's and my hifonics brx2100.1D because i got unbeatable prices on them and when match'd up with the right box and tuning it sounds fantastic. Others choose Sundown again because of the amazing sound output and for the price you can get their stuff for. Some want awesome stuff for their budget range and the quality and price is what makes them choose their product. Noone goes out and buys shitty stuff at the highest price! You shop around, read reviews, listen to it first hand then once you match all the variables you purchase.

I'll elaborate on this, it took me about a whole year before i decided what subs i wanted because of all the variables involved. it all comes down to sitting down and doing the research and math to get the most for your money.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Not the case.... No one ever asked.

I have 2x 12 JBL MKII's H15xW32xD19 net volume 4.11ft sub displacement.298ft and port area 11.25 inchs at 30HZ. The 660's are firing at 35deg angle side by side with super tweets in the center in the middle of the rear deck. the 660's and super tweets are powerd by a american bass sq600. The Bose 6 1/2 and 1inch tweets are powerd by oem 200w amp in each door. I have a 220 alt 2x1/0 from front battery to rear batts. rear batts are 2xC&D batts and oem batt in front with big three and more. I dont rem the C&D battery model but hey are 100lbs each. O and a bose stock radio with pink noise mike and 2x audio control LC2i one for base and one for mids and highs.

Your enclosure seems wrong, and you are not giving the dimensions of the port.

Archived