Second Skin Audio

Do i nead new subs

HI i am looking for a new sub that will give me good sq but pound for spl. I have 2 jbl MkII in my trunk now at 32hz with a american bass vfl 400.1. It is currently driven by oem head unit and audio control lc2i. I was just wondering if their is anything better out their.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

What you have now will be very difficult to find comparable subs to replace those with.

If your happy with what you have and it does everything you want and need then there is no reason to replace them, if it ain't broke don't fix it

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

get a new head unit, and yes, like FI, AA, DC, AQ and SSA

My HU is a oem bose that has a pink noise mike built in. Have you ever used a audio control LC2i? Y do you recomend getting a new HU? Y do you recomend FI,AA,DC,AQ or SSA? Have you used the products listed in your vehicle? Just looking for a valid reason.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

x2 azagoth, you guys didn't even listen to what he said. He doesn't want spl, what you guys showed where spl brands. To the OP check out Hertz and Focal, Maybe even Vibe Audio. Rainbow audio too. I know there is more but I just woke up and can't get them all to hit my fingertips.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

get a new head unit, and yes, like FI, AA, DC, AQ and SSA

My HU is a oem bose that has a pink noise mike built in. Have you ever used a audio control LC2i? Y do you recomend getting a new HU? Y do you recomend FI,AA,DC,AQ or SSA? Have you used the products listed in your vehicle? Just looking for a valid reason.

A stock head unit with a bass restoration unit can't be the end of all things when it comes to sound quality so the same point can be made, have you already tested a high end HU against your stuff?

Archived