Second Skin Audio

Do i nead new subs

I do want it to knock hard (SPL) but i do not want it to to sound nasty i want a clean sound (SQ). I have not hooked up a after market HU to my system. I doo have 2 sets of bose 6 1/2 and tweets in all doors (oem). I allso have a pair of JBL 660 in the deck with 1 inch supper tweets in the deck. The JBl 660's are in place to compensate for the extra base. i was just wondering was their anything better out their that was better then my two JBL MKII 12's i have in the trunk.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

Um, isn't SQ and SPL completely different thing? When it comes to SPL, I'm thinking of one-note wonder and cannot play music, depending on frequency response. To able to play music that is loud and clear, it's all in the box installation and important to follow the Company's recommondation on spec manual.

all the models listed will do a better job then my jbl mII? What models would do well with 4000w at 1 ohm daily with excellent SQ?

4000 watts on substage and SQ is an oxymoron. Anything over roughly the 140db area and SQ goes out the window haha. (IMO)

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

4000 watts on substage and SQ is an oxymoron. Anything over roughly the 140db area and SQ goes out the window haha. (IMO)

just wondering how so? i use to do PA and Sound and most of the amps we had where 5000w and we had no distortion whats so ever. this was on folded horns mid drivers and supper tweets Most of them above 140db. Please explain?

PA speakers and super tweets are not sq oriented... just because there is no distortion doesn't mean they're sq. Theyre meant for being extremely loud on low amount of power.... and cheap.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

just wondering how so? i use to do PA and Sound and most of the amps we had where 5000w and we had no distortion whats so ever. this was on folded horns mid drivers and supper tweets Most of them above 140db. Please explain?

SQ systems rarely go over like 140db. there isn't a reason to do timing and shit for a 150db sub stage, unless you want unnecessary overkill.

SPL = getting loud

SQ = sounding nice and not being overly loud.

pick one. you cant say "i want 30% sq and 70% spl". it doesnt work like that....

you want the woofers to sound nice? have a properly designed and built box.

edit: there is also a difference between 140db from bass, and 140db from mids and highs. i very much doubt you can hear tone quality when your ears are ringing from 140db of mids and highs...

and distortion doesn't equal sq...LOLWAT.

no distortion means just that. no distortion.

sq is tonal quality, or how well the speakers can reproduce the individual instruments in a song as naturally as possible. at least thats my understanding.

pa speakers are not true sq...

Archived