Second Skin Audio

Help With Used DD Audio 12" Sub

NIHL8ION

I took the pics from my galaxy S3 & it shows original resolution of the pics is like 3264 x 2448 pixels... So I'm thinking my photobucket free account would not support those dimensions so it compressed them down smaller upon uploading on me?

Looks like a 500 series.

The 300 series woofers only came in their preloaded dd prefab boxes, it be dumb to buy that combo deal and swap out of the decent box it came with imo. but who knows.

and if it was a 1500 or 2500 series, it would have a much taller motor then it does.

on the inside of the basket, usually DD puts small white stickers on them, that say the date, model, voice coil configuration.+

here is a old pic of one of my subs, and you can kinda see the white sticker on the inside of the basket

DCAO0425.jpg

Nice, Thank you:

Audiofanaticz

:-) Yeah I bought this sub from a pawnshop upon finding a post on craigslist... It was in a dual ported enclosure (Looked to be home-made) with another matching sub, but someone had stuck a knife through the other sub in their store (disgruntled customer) and they were also trying to sell the box as a set with a DD CM1 amp. I was not interested in their "package deal" so I went in there haggling with them until finally I got just the one non-damaged sub by it's self for a very very cheap price, hence why I have since just threw it in my obcon pre-fab slot ported box that I had kicking around just to test the waters & see what it would do...

iirc if you can get the other sub somewhat cheap, you can send it in to dd and have them recone it so the slash would be gone. prob be about 60$-80$ for the recone. im not sure exactly, but something worth emailing DD and asking them, and if its cheap enough, and the other sub can be bought cheap enough you might get pretty much a new woofer somewhat cheap after its reconed.

iirc if you can get the other sub somewhat cheap, you can send it in to dd and have them recone it so the slash would be gone. prob be about 60$-80$ for the recone. im not sure exactly, but something worth emailing DD and asking them, and if its cheap enough, and the other sub can be bought cheap enough you might get pretty much a new woofer somewhat cheap after its reconed.

I was thinking the same thing... hmm Just not sure if I want to invest anything into this lower end series of subwoofer... If it was like a 3500 or better I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake, just not sure if I want to invest anything into a 500 series sub. I have been eyeing up the Sundown SA12D2 to go into a pwk designs blueprinted enclosure for my car, like I said I just came across it and was like if I can get em cheap enough I'll take em' ;-) Only wound up with the one though because I was not happy with their asking price for the whole setup... I was like "I can't use this box or this other speaker so why the hell am I going to pay you for it? Besides the other sub is damage!" I Wound up walking out of there with this one sub by it's self for $40 :D

As for the way this thing sounds... Yes, I Do realize that the enclosure is everything, but the sub sounds like it's almost like dirty or distorted no matter what when up close to it listening... I am a newb here on this site, and a newb when it comes to DD audio products... But I wouldn't consider myself a newb to car audio, I've just been out of the scene for awhile (DUI / Revoked License / Etc. Etc. Ect.) My last system was 1 15" Orion HCCA15D (REAL Orion) in my 98' ext. cab dakota r/t running off of an Orion HCCA25001 and I miss it dearly :-( Anyway sorry to wander off-topic for a second down memory lane there, but this sub just has no sq to me what so ever, and I'm wondering if they sound weird like this until they are broken in? Maybe it was never broken in? Either that or I think it might be damaged internally?

sa12 sounds good to me. Pwk designs...not so much. Over rated imo. You would be better off saving your money and having Joe x..or someone on here give you a design free or close to it

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I hear ya there & I'm definitely looking into it now as I'm trying to become acquainted with this forum / site now and trying to get to know everyone.... I just know that pwk enclosures are good, not saying no one here knows what time it is, I just don't know them yet or have seen their work... I'm sure I will find a good competent builder closer to me (I may have already :D)

Archived