Second Skin Audio

Need opinions on decent CHEAP 15's please

plex_love

Ok so i have an 04 avalanche that im building a custom midgate box for....was planning on 4 12's at first but figured might as well go with 3 15's and get more cone area. Im all about spl, i like it to really piss people off when im comin down the road.
So, that being said, i just had to drop a few grand unexpectedly and now am strapped for cash and already have EVERYTHING ripped outta my truck and just wanna finish and get it back in. So what im looking for is some good 15's that dont cost a fortune, Im talkin top $100 each...

Now before everyone and their moms jump all over this saying i cant find any, or you get what you pay for, or what ever wise comments you have, IM AWARE! lol Just dont care, i can honestly say that to this day the best subs ive ever owned in my life were made by boss (hate saying that aloud but its true) about 12 years ago i bought 2 12's dropped in a prefab ported box and slapped a 1200 watt lanzar amp to them and they did 149.6 of the dash...those subs lasted about 6 years before i sold them.

So please dont say there are NO good woofer at that price.

i have a cadence z7000 amp and 2 mtx 801d amps and would prefer the subs to be dual 2ohm so i can get 1.34 ohms.

Dont care what brand, just looking for something that pounds and would sound good(ish). the box can be made to any size so that is not an issue and im goin to be using 4 or 6inch aero ports.
So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....and remember, take it easy, im not trying to enter any contests or have the coolest system in town, just want it to be loud and cheap! lol Thanks in advance guys!

I'm love bbc

sundown e series 15"s. Look for used or on sale and get em close tob100$

I'm doing my own budget build on 4 12's 1200-1300w rms. Nothing wrong with budget builds.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i used to have two sundown sa 15's on a 1500 audiopipe amp at 1ohm in a 7 cube ported box and it got down! no clue what it hit never got it miced but def happy with sundown, just worried bout the e series they just look super weak lol

I'm love bbc

Ok so i have an 04 avalanche that im building a custom midgate box for....was planning on 4 12's at first but figured might as well go with 3 15's and get more cone area. Im all about spl, i like it to really piss people off when im comin down the road.

So, that being said, i just had to drop a few grand unexpectedly and now am strapped for cash and already have EVERYTHING ripped outta my truck and just wanna finish and get it back in. So what im looking for is some good 15's that dont cost a fortune, Im talkin top $100 each...

Now before everyone and their moms jump all over this saying i cant find any, or you get what you pay for, or what ever wise comments you have, IM AWARE! lol Just dont care, i can honestly say that to this day the best subs ive ever owned in my life were made by boss (hate saying that aloud but its true) about 12 years ago i bought 2 12's dropped in a prefab ported box and slapped a 1200 watt lanzar amp to them and they did 149.6 of the dash...those subs lasted about 6 years before i sold them.

i have a cadence z7000 amp and 2 mtx 801d amps and would prefer the subs to be dual 2ohm so i can get 1.34 ohms.

Dont care what brand, just looking for something that pounds and would sound good(ish). the box can be made to any size so that is not an issue and im goin to be using 4 or 6inch aero ports.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....and remember, take it easy, im not trying to enter any contests or have the coolest system in town, just want it to be loud and cheap! lol Thanks in advance guys!

I came on this thread to offer some opinions but after reading the bolded comment, I have to decline. that attitude is the reason we all get a bad wrap from the cops and random ppl.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I came on this thread to offer some opinions but after reading the bolded comment, I have to decline. that attitude is the reason we all get a bad wrap from the cops and random ppl.

WOW! thats all i gotta say! The reason you get a bad rap from cops is because you are MAKING THEM GO DEF! lol Grow up man, people dont get 20k systems just for the clear sound quality, they get it to bump and bump hard, to be noticed! No point in have a setup if it isnt grabbing attention! Soory to anyone else who has been butt hurt by that comment, but it was just simply a statement that i want to be HEARD....i really dont want people to jump outta their cars at stop lights and try to attack me!

And saying it or not, if you have a system and its loud by any means then you are pissing people off! So stop trying to kiss ass by acting like you are a respectable bass head and you dont upset anyone ever with your system! lol

I'm love bbc

simple turn off the bass when in town thats what i did

dont even have it turned up in town, i live 3 houses down from the cop shop....i bump on my way outta town or inbetween cities. But then again to be honest, i do ...sometimes,,,enjoy watching people get irritated, like someone doin 20 under the speed limit

I'm love bbc

if your willing to spend 300 for 3 crappy 15s you should get one bad Ass 15 instead. That's what I would do anyways . And also if you like how good boss subs are why not give them a try again?

if your willing to spend 300 for 3 crappy 15s you should get one bad Ass 15 instead. That's what I would do anyways . And also if you like how good boss subs are why not give them a try again?

I hate/despise everything about boss, they are overrateted ten fold and all there stuff is junk,,,just sayin i lucked out one time with them and have never heard a good story since! lol

And 3 decent not crappy 15s will sound better than one 300 15 any day of the week. I just got rid of 2 15 audiopipe apx txx, sounded like crap, got rid of a diamond audio d6 15, no where near loud enough, and had 3 old school mtx thunder 8000s and they were junk too....just lookin for something decent and combine 3 of them should bump hard, leaning toward the sundown e15.....saw the youtube video of the guy reviewing 1 at hit 149...and i know the sa 15s are the tits so if the e series hang like everyone claims then 3 of them should do the trick fairly well.

Cone area is king right? thats what i keep reading on every forum so no way 1 15 would be louder than 3 even if the sub is a little bit better....and for only 200 more it wont be that much better!

I'm love bbc

Archived