Second Skin Audio

Aero Port help!!

Alright so Im trying to do 6 Sundown SA-8s in my truck and a regular port would kill me on volume. So I want to do an aero port. I have a couple questions since ive never done one before. First off I've been told 9-12 sq inches of port area per foot is recommended but Ive seen guys using in upwards of 50 sq inches, so which is right? Second question, where do I buy aero ports long enough to meet my needs (possibly be needing a 28" aero port). And third question is how the hell do I mount an aero port when half of it is internal and the other half is external?? Any info you guys got on aero ports is greatly appreciated.

What are you talking about? I plugged in my measurements into torres calc. and fiddled with port and came up with a 6" port at 28" to get what I needed. Just need to know where I can buy aero ports this size and how to mount them. Or at least ideas on how to mount them

What are you talking about? I plugged in my measurements into torres calc. and fiddled with port and came up with a 6" port at 28" to get what I needed. Just need to know where I can buy aero ports this size and how to mount them. Or at least ideas on how to mount them

Well, if you figure .5cuft per sub and use your port dimension i get 27hz tuning.

Why do you want to tune that low? I mean if you want to tune that low go ahead. I'm not going to try to persuade you to do different. I just don't understand. That is why i asked.

edit:

also, you never mention what size port you wanted in the o.p.

Parts express has all the aero ports you could want, 3" 4" 6" and you can just get PVC and use the aero port flares if it has to be longer than the standard 17"

Can anyone please tell me how they have mounted aero ports before?

you mean how you attach the aero to the box?

they have mounting holes on the flares

aeroport.jpg

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived