Sundown Audio

Hifonics and their RMS ratings

x91evo

what i've noticed with hifonics is they'll rebadge an amp with a different name, heatsink, and power rating when in reality the amps are all identical inside, for example I have had a hfi800.4 which is rated at 800rms total and a zeus 80.4 which is rated at 640 rms and then my nephew has a zxi1000.4 which is rated at 1000rms but they are identical amps internally as far as board structure goes, not sure if the components are changed for higher quality parts, their hifi lines are overrated by a good bit but the brutus series and the new brx series i'm pretty sure have all been clamped maybe 100 watts below rated or they do right at rated power pushed into a soft clip

The same layout of the circuit board means nothing at all, the parts in there are different, they have bigger tolerances and just aren't the same quality.

They aren't identical at all.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

here is what i found on google on the brz2100.1:

Hey guys,

I just did a quick test at work today.

I just did one 5sec 45hz test tone burp. I have one amp on each coil. The 3512 is a D1 with coils that reads 1.3 for each coil.
(I only clamped one of the 2 amps and one of the 2 coils)

Here is what I got.

56.8V
25.68A
gives me a 2.2 ohm load with rise and 1454 watts.

The BRZ2100.1D is rated at 1400 rms @ 2 ohms. So I guess in my app. They(at least the one) dose rated @ 2ohms.

I haven't really noticed how power hungry they are, but I haven't had the chance to do a direct swap for an amp in similar rating so I can't base it off of anything, my friend runs his BRZ1200.1 at 1 ohm on bone stock electrical and he doesn't drop below 13.6, not that bad IMO.

edit: i'd say they're pretty reliable if it works right out of the box, my 2 hifonics amps that I bought for my personal use haven't given me a single issue in 3 years, now for amps that i've bought or recommended for friends of mine or family members that want some bass on a budget, I had a brz1700.1 go into protect out of the box, BRZ1200.1 not put out anything right out of the box, just got a BRX2000.1 in replacement of that 1700.1, we'll see how it does.

Lol what is his stock alternator pushing? My 06 Scion has an 80a alternator, and even with 1/0 Big 3 and an Optima Blue Top under the hood my lights still dim with a BRZ2100 on a 1.3 ohm load. My voltage dips below 12 at times. Oh wait lol, just noticed you said BRZ1200 (not 2100). But anyway still somewhat relevant for the guy looking for 2kw I guess. Having said that... A legitimate 2kw for $240 was a good deal for me. Sure I could have bought a 2k rated amp that would really push 2300W for about triple the price. When comparing watts recieved to dollars spent, Hifonics is one of the better deals out there.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

what i've noticed with hifonics is they'll rebadge an amp with a different name, heatsink, and power rating when in reality the amps are all identical inside, for example I have had a hfi800.4 which is rated at 800rms total and a zeus 80.4 which is rated at 640 rms and then my nephew has a zxi1000.4 which is rated at 1000rms but they are identical amps internally as far as board structure goes, not sure if the components are changed for higher quality parts, their hifi lines are overrated by a good bit but the brutus series and the new brx series i'm pretty sure have all been clamped maybe 100 watts below rated or they do right at rated power pushed into a soft clip

The same layout of the circuit board means nothing at all, the parts in there are different, they have bigger tolerances and just aren't the same quality.

They aren't identical at all.

that's what I meant when I said i'm not sure if the components were swapped out for higher quality or bigger tolerances depending on which line of amp you bought, another perfect example is the BRZ2400.1 board is identical to the AQ2200 board but I doubt the components are the same like you stated.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived