NEW PRODUCT! SMD SunFlash - UV Activated Polyester Resin (AVAILABLE NOW!)

There was an episode of soundman on youtube where he did the same thing, just used a mirror to "guide" the sunlight to exactly where he needed it to cure! ?

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

• 3 months later...

hey all. Just got some Sunflash for a box im building. does anyone know if i can add pigment to it like you would to tint regular resin without screwing it up?

also is there a guideline as to how many layers of resin and glass to do before curing? like if its too thick, will it not be able to cure in the sun? i was planning to do three layers and was hoping to do them all at once if possible.

thanks!

Thickness shouldn't matter too much, it will cure as long as the sunlight is shining on it.
However your only going to be able to layer it so much before it starts to run unless you do 1 side at a time.

As far as pigment, it depends on the pigment since all are not the same.

So for that I would mix just a little in a cup with some pigment put it in the sun and try it.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

@audiofanaticz - thanks! good call. I will try this out tonight.

do you know if this stuff has a shelf life? resin i worked with before said that it should be used within a certain time frame from when it was shipped or maybe after opening it, i don't recall. I didn't notice anything to that effect on the label with the sunflash.