This compares my wifes entire box to my port. Someone was telling me the box looked big, but when you put it in perspective.. well you get the picture.

Posted Image

Cutting the holes for the sub, and the trim plate. There's still dust in them, so dont mind the rough looking edges:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Router ftw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just test fitting the equipment (no I don't plan on screwing the amp into the port, it will have an amp rack).

Posted Image

And the baffle

Posted Image

And after cutting the port out, a nice 3/4 round on the beauty panel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I talked to my wife earlier and she really doesn't want the amp displayed like I originally planned. Neither of us like neons (the amp is lit up blue like that). At least I have a nice place to hide the amp so there's no wires hanging out, although it kind of makes the big box/plan pointless. Oh well.

So tomarrow I carpet with black carpet (generic, nothing custom about it) and throw it in hopefully.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

You wont have to worry about anyone trying to steal her amp

You'd be suprised. I wouldn't see it worth the effort (it's not like it's that high up on the food chain if you know what I mean) but someone stole her old aiwa head unit. A $100 head unit man! Anyway, she just asked that there be no wires so it looks clean, and that she can just throw groceries in.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Yeah my parents house has been broken into 3 times now, their sheds 3 times, and god knows what picked out of the yard. We had 20-ish thousand dollars worht of tool s stolen from the work vans before, so I'm really paranoid.

We got a dog from the pound a few week ago, and he's friendly as a mofo, but really protective. He's a nice size (part rott) so he looks a bit scary to strangers :lol:

After her Aiwa was stolen I bought her a pioneer. She got in a car accident and was rushed to the hospital. The car was totalled, and by the time she got out a few hours later and we went to the lot where the car had been towed someone had stolen the deck and speakers!

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

wonder how that subs gonna sound o.O

Good enough. I'm sure I could hook that thing up free-air and it would be enough bass for her w/o straining the sub (j/k).

In all seriousness it will be very close to the recommended specs, (the 1.25ft box I made from the manuals recommendations before was a bit small and peaky) and should sound fine. It's really a good sub for a sealed enclosure- I don't expect a smooth response, but it should sound great for my wife.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived