Second Skin Audio

Opinions on this 4th order for 4 sundown zv3 15"s.

Ok guys listen there are no rear seats in my truck my box goes from the back door to my front seats. So I don't have room to cram four. 18"s in a wall, box building is about effiency not always cone area. I'm doing a build based on someone who only has four 15"s and doing 160s on music. Do I expect to do a 60 no!!! But I will bet my last dollar that the 4th order with the four 15s will be way louder than the ported box I have now.

Of course it will be louder than the ported box you have now, the box you have now is not a wall and is too small...I bet the same subs in a proper ported wall will be louder than what you have too and probs louder than the 4th. Do you get what we are saying?

Team NorthWestSPL

Right, but the thing is, you could angle the baffles to get your extra height you need and fit them.

But, it sounds like you are set on a 4th. How much ar space are you planing to have sealed per 15? What are you going to tune to?

Team NorthWestSPL

i'd say go for the 15's, nic watts swapped from 15's to 12's in his 4th order and gained quite a bit on the meter. Not sure why everyones arguing about what's louder on the meter. Look at scott bowmans 6 15's 4th order, 3:1 ration iirc and he does 63's, then look at keith millers 4th order, 2:1 ratio and it does 62's iirc and moves some crazy air.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

you are stuck on a flat wall, it doesn't have to be flat. make it a clam shell or some other style. There is no way you would ever convince me to go 4 15s over 4 18s based on your goals. I think you are stuck on some non-existant magic about 4th order enclosures.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Right, but the thing is, you could angle the baffles to get your extra height you need and fit them.

But, it sounds like you are set on a 4th. How much ar space are you planing to have sealed per 15? What are you going to tune to?

he said 5.25 per ported and 1.75 per sealed.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived