Second Skin Audio

Box Design for 2 18's 1800w RMS each tuned to round 40Hz HELP!!??

Yates

The subs are 1800w rms each but I am runing them on a SPL FX1-5500D running at 2 Ohms suposed to be getting 1200 watts rms each but doubting that. Already bought almost installed

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9463_SPL-FX1-5500D.html

The subs are Blaupunkt VPW 460 The Subs have very little info online but this is what I found

Specifications
System Subwoofer
Diameter (mm) 460
Peak power handling capacity 5400 watts
Nominal power handling capacity 1800 watts
Sensitivity 94 dB (2.83V/1m)
Frequency response Hz 20 - 200 Hz
Impedance 2 x 2 Ohm
Cone material Carbon/fibreglass
Installation depth 245.0 mm
Installation 420.0 mm
Hole circle 452.0 mm

now to the max measurements

Height: 16.929"

Width: 40.945"

Length: 27.559"

I have the box calculator but I am struggling to work out all these imperial units and things I converted them but still doesn't help never deal with inches apart from speaker size thanks all help will be appreciated and I can build things but when working out frequency and trying to picture size and look with ports and things its beyond me and again will be a huge help so please reply

These subs box specs according to the manufacturer are:

60 liters of net volume, two 10cm diameter, 80cm length aero ports that's for one sub. It will produce a tuning of about 30Hz.

Seem awfully small net volume for a 18" and your tuning is rather high compared to their specs... verify this specs before proceeding.

But thanks for the help you don't know how much this really means I really like the community of people here on SMD everyone helps and it's really good as its such an awesome thing cars and more to the point car audio

Archived