Need some help with mids

shogen

You don't need to have a 30 band eq to tune but it helps wring the last bit of awesomeness out of it. A 5 band parametric would work just as well. When you hear the horns you will be pleasantly surprised. So dynamic. It's like listening to your music collection for the first time again. I can tell you that poorly recorded material or stuff that is heavily compressed will set your teeth on edge. I see why people with high end setups gravitate to different music. The horns reproduce every little detail. If the songs were recorded badly you will know. lol I had a few songs I really liked until I heard them on the horn setup then I couldn't listen to them anymore. Live and acoustic music is where these babies really shine though. The guitars, violins, violas, sound so sweet. Snare drums and cymbals have uncanny realism. I listen to big band music (squirrel nut zippers) and am just cheezin in the seat on account of how it sounds. I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

You don't need to have a 30 band eq to tune but it helps wring the last bit of awesomeness out of it. A 5 band parametric would work just as well. When you hear the horns you will be pleasantly surprised. So dynamic. It's like listening to your music collection for the first time again. I can tell you that poorly recorded material or stuff that is heavily compressed will set your teeth on edge. I see why people with high end setups gravitate to different music. The horns reproduce every little detail. If the songs were recorded badly you will know. lol I had a few songs I really liked until I heard them on the horn setup then I couldn't listen to them anymore. Live and acoustic music is where these babies really shine though. The guitars, violins, violas, sound so sweet. Snare drums and cymbals have uncanny realism. I listen to big band music (squirrel nut zippers) and am just cheezin in the seat on account of how it sounds. I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions.

The great thing is I have a lot of my library in FLAC but we all know recording qualities can stomp on the fact that the audio quality is higher resolution... I will probably look into getting my Cowon out the closet and using that for a good amount of FLAC playback.... The other great thing is I cannot stick with one genre of music, gravitate towards hip hop still but I listen to everything ... and my Pioneer HU has like 7 bands that will affect the horns directly in the EQ department.... I'm hoping to be blown out the water and happy.... hoping midbass will keep up but I'll see once I get them and install it all in the Camry

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

So are we thinking the door is enough air space for 2 - 8" mids maybe? I mean, not my ultimate plan but a possibility ...

If it was me, and my plans were to run horns,

I would run 1 Blues 8" driver instead of a pair of "pro audio" drivers in each door and find me a Linear Power 5002iq to run them ... And find me a Linear Power 2002iq for the horns ...

Like I said, if it was me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You ultimate goal is to listen to your music and have no clue as to where your speakers are installed. And it should sound live and not like your music is comming out of speakers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

So are we thinking the door is enough air space for 2 - 8" mids maybe? I mean, not my ultimate plan but a possibility ...

I would run 1 Blues 8" driver instead of a pair of "pro audio" drivers in each door and find me a Linear Power 5002iq to run them ... And find me a Linear Power 2002iq for the horns ...

lol... I unfortunately would have to wait a while before I could see LP amp in my car.... used at $250+ for a 425IQ or equivalent is a tough pill to swallow but it is a plan for the future... when my money gets better... as far as the mids go your Blues 8" is a TRUE midbass and when I say this I mean it is intended for lower end output up to what about 2k maybe at best... a PA 8" would yield more output but suffer a bit in the lower end.... under 125hz for a blanket statement...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

You ultimate goal is to listen to your music and have no clue as to where your speakers are installed. And it should sound live and not like your music is comming out of speakers ...

I'm going to try for that but my ears haven't been used so specifically in a while.... when I used to do home theater with Sony it was a different story... but I'll do my best to get some flat ass response but I know myself and I see myself definitely pumping the mids up cuz I like alot more authority there... just don't have it now

My ears were the same way so you have to train them. After listening to well recorded material long enough you get a sense of what it should sound like and are able to make adjustments to your tuning. I drew form some live performances I heard and used that and it helped greatly. I would have loved to just slapped a bitone, ms8, etc. on the whole thing and be done with it but it felt like I would be cheating myself. By doing it on my own i am able to get an understanding of what works or doesn't and why. That makes the experience alot more rewarding...and difficult; and tedious. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

lol... I unfortunately would have to wait a while before I could see LP amp in my car.... used at $250+ for a 425IQ or equivalent is a tough pill to swallow but it is a plan for the future... when my money gets better... as far as the mids go your Blues 8" is a TRUE midbass and when I say this I mean it is intended for lower end output up to what about 2k maybe at best... a PA 8" would yield more output but suffer a bit in the lower end.... under 125hz for a blanket statement...
I'd rather help you with what you want in sound verses product discussion, but I can tell you that all Blues drivers are completely fullrange ...

My ears were the same way so you have to train them. After listening to well recorded material long enough you get a sense of what it should sound like and are able to make adjustments to your tuning. I drew form some live performances I heard and used that and it helped greatly. I would have loved to just slapped a bitone, ms8, etc. on the whole thing and be done with it but it felt like I would be cheating myself. By doing it on my own i am able to get an understanding of what works or doesn't and why. That makes the experience alot more rewarding...and difficult; and tedious. lol

yea, I'm going to learn along the way.... as I expect... if I don't then I'll be wasting monies...

I'd rather help you with what you want in sound verses product discussion, but I can tell you that all Blues drivers are completely fullrange ...

I got you wasn't looking for that exactly was just stating the limitation the PA may cause for me.... I'll be looking for LP for sure though when I can, I love the amps look and build quality.

I'm looking at Silver Flutes for midbass for now so I don't go crazy on budget atm .... and seeing if I can get a good sound out of it... obviously need to work on my install skills first... lol

Archived