Alt wine issue/ noise issue

Ok I had another thread going but figured if fresh start with all the info as I'm tryi g to get this solve.

Issue. When I installed my C1100.4 I started getting hissing when car was off ( more than just bad RCAs) and whine when car was in and rpm changes pitch.

Background: I've only had this issue with the c1100.4. I have had 2 other amps ( less power though ) and not a single sound unless full volume on mute but that's any car. I I thought the higher power the speaker swirled were shitty but after hooking up FT1 tweets with 16 gauge ofc Knu kord. Only 6ft runs and the wire is above the seats. I also tried grounding the rcas at the head unit. Nothin

I'm going to try another ground for the amp when I get my car back from the shop but the ground is very solid so I don't see it being that. If its still bad after ground switching I'm gonna try it in another car and go from there. I'm at a loss and this noise is driving me crazy. It's not a faint whine it's loud.

I also have a singer 250a alt and a d6500 and noise was apparent before gettin those

Thanks for the help!

I had the same problem with my jimmy.. had a 275a singer alt and after grounding the rcas and headunit to a ground other than the oem harness ground it was greatly improved (still was their at low volume and wasnt as loud)

Now in my current truck with a stock alt I tried grounding the rcas and headunit I still get some feedback (not really noticable unless my volume is at 0 and im just driving)

Make sure your rcas are not by the power wire (unless shielded properly)

Try different grounds ( not just for the amp. But for all grounds you added/modified including the big 3)

Or look into a ground loop isolator ( never used one but some people have had luck with them)

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Hmm good info thanks! Ill try re grounding the HU and yes big 3 is done in 1/0 and used the factory wire spots, just cleaned them up. In a month or so I'm goin to be running a second battery and more after that so ill haven amps ground right to the battery and runs from front to rear but I wanna et this figured out haha

couple things try getting a good pair of rcas and ground them out, if you can try to use a test pair that is not under the seat but out the windows and to the trunk if you have a car to see if it is rca related and 3 check you grounds for a good connection

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I have knuconcepts karma wires. Really nice and well shielded so its not that, and they are desperate from power if it matters, ill pull them up and see if it's because they are on metal...and what do you mean by groundig them out? Like at the head unit, if so I e done that

You could try using coax rca cables. According to a.few people here.. most amps can't separate the noise from a.twisted pair set of rcas.. so unless you have a high end amp.. you should be using coax cables that have a much better shield to block the noise. With twisted pair rcas on an amp that can't separate, which is most of them... The noise gets amplified..

Damore put up a video and I'm pretty sure that's the jist of it. Try that.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I have twisted but I have some spare coax. But I remember having the same issue with those as well, will try it again though ill also take a video later this week to show the noise, you can hear it at almost any volume. Deck goes to 35. Can hear until 28-30 maybe before its louder

Archived