Sundown Audio

which amp would work better

pioneerforlife

so i plan on doing a big build this summer. i am doing a wall of three soundstream splx-152hf subs. i currently have one splx running off of a tarantula tx1.2000d amp. i was wondering, should i get two more of the tx1.2000d amps and run each sub on its own amp, or buy a tarantula tx1.2600d and run it at .5 ohms so two subs are on the 2600, and one sub is on the 2000. it would just save me a bit of money. i know you should't run subs in the same box on unlike amps but since they are both SS tarantula amps i was wondering if it would work well. if not i can always just buy 2 more tx1.2000d's. thanks

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

If you like the sound you are getting from your current setup, then just get two more amps. Personally I would look into getting one monster amp for the three subs. You could always sell the one you have now or just hang in to it for later.

ya i was looking at the soundstream X3 amps (wanna keep it all soundstream) but i would rather get 2 more of the tarantula amps. i dont really care for the X3 amps too much and i don't wanna spend $2500 on a XXX amp even though i would love to have one.

If you like the sound you are getting from your current setup, then just get two more amps. Personally I would look into getting one monster amp for the three subs. You could always sell the one you have now or just hang in to it for later.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

If you do go with multiple/different amps keep the woofers separated within the box. otherwise i'd recommend getting one monster amp like Genius commented.

Feel free to look into a different brand of amplifiers. Soundstream may not have the most reasonable amplifier you're needing.

Archived