Sundown Audio

Amp broken?

SlamminBeats

Ok so i have 2 DD M2bs strapped. All of a sudden on a cold start, amps were cool, my bass cuts off on a song ive bumped before.

unstrap the amps and run each separately. the master amp doesnt work properly. It powers on fine but the output is gone. Even with the gain where it needs. you can feel the subs on, but they dont do a thing..basically like no bass. So is my output section broken on the board?

I opened it up and see no burning, no lose parts. Everything looks normal. What could have happened here?

Measure the resistance across the output terminals with subs disconnected and power off.

Disconnect the RCAs and do the same thing at the signal inputs (resistance of center conductor to outside conductor).

Make sure the outside conductor of your RCAs is connected to the negative power terminal on the amp.

Focus on the center conductors of the RCAs and see if there are any solder cracks or something that would interrupt the signal into the amp.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Measure the resistance across the output terminals with subs disconnected and power off.

Disconnect the RCAs and do the same thing at the signal inputs (resistance of center conductor to outside conductor).

Make sure the outside conductor of your RCAs is connected to the negative power terminal on the amp.

Focus on the center conductors of the RCAs and see if there are any solder cracks or something that would interrupt the signal into the amp.

wish my dmm could measure ohms accurately

That could be a problem.

How bad are we talkin'?

If you can distinguish between 10's of ohms and kilo-ohms then that may be enough.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

That could be a problem.

How bad are we talkin'?

If you can distinguish between 10's of ohms and kilo-ohms then that may be enough.

like if you press it on the terminal, it will show a number for a sec then go away...its a cheap harbor freight one

Archived