Dual 120GB or Single 250GB SSD?

Trying to decide on the SSD setup in my new computer, using Samsung 840 Series drives. For the same price of getting one 250GB SSD I can get two 120GB SSD's. It's 10GB less but running them in a RAID0 configuration would give me better performance I would think, so should I do that?

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

Yes the access put-through will be higher with RAID SSD's , how noticeable is the question. The samsung 840 pros are already the fastest drive on the market, depending the rest of you system spec? I personally don't feel that either option is a bad one, I would go with the single drive.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I vote single. I'd rather have the extra bay used for storage. ;-)

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Yes the access put-through will be higher with RAID SSD's , how noticeable is the question. The samsung 840 pros are already the fastest drive on the market, depending the rest of you system spec? I personally don't feel that either option is a bad one, I would go with the single drive.

Well it's an Octacore AMD System, using the 8350 CPU, and an Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 Motherboard. I was only going to be using the onboard memory controller.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

I vote single. I'd rather have the extra bay used for storage. ;-)

Not a problem for me. I have more than enough bays in my case.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Im going to say a single drive aswel, I dont think the difference you will notice will be enough to notice, and we all know its only 10gb now, but you will manage to need it lol. no matter how much i say i wont dump shit on my ssd i always do lol

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

To avoid starting another topic I also noticed the next size drive from the 250 is a 256, but it's the 'Pro' Series which claim to have write speeds up to 520MB/sec, as opposed to only 240MB/sec for the 250GB. Would I see a significant speed difference between the two? There is about a $60 difference.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

The Pro is what you want, it's well worth the price difference. I have a pro in both my desktop and laptop, drive is insane fast.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I mean..... Is $60 gonna kill your budget?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived