Newbie starting big build.

Okay i need some major help and advice .

Just got a 2004 Grand am gt a couple weeks ago and am loving it. Want to work on making it my own work of art. Kinda on a budget But I want to get a decent system kicking in it with budget speakers...I'll upgrade them later when I have a little more cash to spent. So before anyone gives me crap for whats goin in right now, its all temporary. But will help give me my basic form for my fiberglassing and fill the speaker mounts i put in.

I'm going to do a ton of fiberglass work once I actually have my system purchased, it will end up being a couple 4 day no sleep runs when it comes time to work on fiberglass and install.

But I need help and advice on the system to make sure it will all run fine. The plan as it stand now is this:

4 fusion cscm50 5-1/4" 35rms-220w Max component,

2 fusion cscm60 6" 40 rms-240w Max,

2 cadence Cv1w845 8" 100w rms -200w Max,

2 fusion csfr6020 6" full range 40w rms-210w Max,

10 fusion csfr4020 4" full range 30w rms - 160w Max.;

20 speakers total ran off of A Lazarus Htg157 650 RMSx1@ 4 OHMS 1250 peak @ 4. 1500 rms @2 3000 peak @2.

I want to run one of those for speakers amd one for subs which are, 4 fusion Cssw120 10" 250 W rms - 1000 w max.

Wire both systems down to 2 ohms to get the most power out of the amp. And do a big 3 upgrade.

Will this work? And what would you recommend as far as extra batteries and or alternator upgrades If needed.

I plan on a optima red starting battery when I do my big 3 and run yellows in rear for the system.

How many should I install and will my alternator be able to cope or will I need to beef it up and or add a second?

I'm excited to get started basically I plan on replacing every interior panel with fiberglass even the roof lining.

No I have not purchased anything yet. It comes out to $693 dollars. For speakers and amps. I'm just trying to get my plan together before I purchased these and then I can start getting together my wires and materials second. I'll admit it's gonna take a bit before I have everything.

You're scaring the shit out of me with your plan. that's not a good thing but it's good for you to know.

first off, wiring 20 speakers to one mono amp is a terrible idea for a lot of reasons:

1. you shouldn't have different types/sizes of speakers on the same channel of an amp.

2. wiring all those speakers to one channel, and getting the ohm load you want, will be a nightmare.

3. you wont have stereo. no left and right. it'll be mono.

4. no crossovers. every speaker will be playing the same frequencies. so you'll love your 8"s playing down to 100hz but your 5 1/4"s will sound like shit trying to play low. and vice versa. the 8" will sound like shit at higher frequencies while the smaller speakers will do better. so you'll have distorted garbage across every frequency.

now the amp you've picked...first of all its a lanzar, and it'll only ever do 400w at best. dont argue this. it has a 40amp fuse, it isn't capable of doing any better than about 400w. so your only getting 20w per speaker if you put 20 speakers on one amp.

You're making a mistake that I knew you would be as soon as I read the title. you're eyes are bigger than your brain (not to be insulting). there are fundamentals that you need to know first, and you don't yet. stick around the forums, read, ask questions, LISTEN to peoples advice lol and please dont buy anything until you learn more. I'm saving you money with this advice, I really am.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thank-you I'll go back to the drawing board and rehash that's exactly what I was look-in for. I usually have slot of time on my hands that's why I want a big project to work on I work 4 twelve hour night shifts and then I have four off....and I don't sleep much. Maybe 2-3 hours a night.... major insomnia problems need something to do with my hands and my time.

So first off I need to get an active crossover, and run 7 channels. Run my subs at 80-150hz , my 8" at 100-900hz, 6" at 600-2800 Hz , 4" 2000-4500hz and tweeters 4000 and higher. Approximately correct?

And basically screw any full range stick with components full range speakers will screw my fidelity. And doing sets of four will make it easier to get the impedance correct. Knock out half of the 4" , I like my highs But not that much. Am I on tge right path now? I'll get a new parts list up later tonight.

Okay i need some major help and advice .

Just got a 2004 Grand am gt a couple weeks ago and am loving it. Want to work on making it my own work of art. Kinda on a budget But I want to get a decent system kicking in it with budget speakers...I'll upgrade them later when I have a little more cash to spent. So before anyone gives me crap for whats goin in right now, its all temporary. But will help give me my basic form for my fiberglassing and fill the speaker mounts i put in.

I'm going to do a ton of fiberglass work once I actually have my system purchased, it will end up being a couple 4 day no sleep runs when it comes time to work on fiberglass and install.

But I need help and advice on the system to make sure it will all run fine. The plan as it stand now is this:

4 fusion cscm50 5-1/4" 35rms-220w Max component,

2 fusion cscm60 6" 40 rms-240w Max,

2 cadence Cv1w845 8" 100w rms -200w Max,

2 fusion csfr6020 6" full range 40w rms-210w Max,

10 fusion csfr4020 4" full range 30w rms - 160w Max.;

20 speakers total ran off of A Lazarus Htg157 650 RMSx1@ 4 OHMS 1250 peak @ 4. 1500 rms @2 3000 peak @2.

I want to run one of those for speakers amd one for subs which are, 4 fusion Cssw120 10" 250 W rms - 1000 w max.

Wire both systems down to 2 ohms to get the most power out of the amp. And do a big 3 upgrade.

Will this work? And what would you recommend as far as extra batteries and or alternator upgrades If needed.

I plan on a optima red starting battery when I do my big 3 and run yellows in rear for the system.

How many should I install and will my alternator be able to cope or will I need to beef it up and or add a second?

I'm excited to get started basically I plan on replacing every interior panel with fiberglass even the roof lining.

Head-Exploding.gif

But really man, try to take a more simple approach to this,

XS-power1.jpg

you don't need 50 speakers to sound good. all I have in my truck for a front stage is a set of sundown comps and a rf 400.4 amp. that's it. and I bet youd shit your pants if you heard it. placement is everything. buy a nice set of comps and a good 4ch amp and be done. theres no need for all that.

dude you don't need anywhere near that many different sizes of speakers. I haven't seen many ppl that run more that 4 sizes of speakers... and they got subs, MAYBE a mid-bass set of speakers, a mid-range set, and tweeters.

as far as the channels though, channels are useful for having front back left and right capability in your speakers, so imo don't just go getting an amp with a bunch of channels and wire each type of speaker to a different channel or your music will have no sense of direction.

But seriously man, most importantly, listen to what skittles said and don't do anything with this until you've read the forum alot for a while and know a little more about how this stuff works...

also one website that I've been reading through to learn is bcae1.com... read the whole tutorial don't skip anything. When you finish with that you should have at least a basic understanding of how stuff works at least enough to be able to formulate good questions when you have a question and less likely to ask a stupid question.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived