Pasta Prime Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 I understand that shoving a head unit out of sight is a cheap way to use your tablet as a head unit but I have felt its just the wrong way to do it. Lol is there another module out there to run a Bluetooth signal straight to the amps? New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
SMZ2 Posted April 18, 2013 Author Report Posted April 18, 2013 and honestly a cheap way to do it is just get a single din receiver that has bluetooth built in and has all the pre amps you need and then just hide it in the glove box or under a seat and just control it with your tablet or phone. bluetooth receivers are getting pretty dang inexpensive now. the you will still have am/fm if you ever wanted it. This is what I thought about doing... any suggestions? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Junior Russell Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 Get a paclc1 and use that as your volume knob and never use the eq knobYes but what if I want to run multiple amps?I would do what noelito said and use a paclc1 and just install it before the eq that way your eq can be set where it needs to be and you'll still have the multiple outputs of the eq there's some adapter available at radioshack that are m-m RCA and granted the sound quality will go down doing it 3.5-RCA it sounds over all cheaperkeep us posted http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187 JVC KD-R530 head unit VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared )
SMZ2 Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 Get a paclc1 and use that as your volume knob and never use the eq knobYes but what if I want to run multiple amps?I would do what noelito said and use a paclc1 and just install it before the eq that way your eq can be set where it needs to be and you'll still have the multiple outputs of the eq there's some adapter available at radioshack that are m-m RCA and granted the sound quality will go down doing it 3.5-RCA it sounds over all cheaperkeep us posted Oh that makes more sense. Is there and eq you would suggest? Also could you provide a link to this adapter please? I really would like to do this but I really don't want to sacrifice sound quality... Thanks for the help! My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Junior Russell Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 amazon has them from like $14 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002J226O sonicelectronix has it for $17 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5260_PAC-LC1.html after that every link on google (from what I could tell) the price is upwards of $18 as far as an eq I would suggest I couldn't tell you without knowing how much control you're wanting I've seen basic 3 and 4 bands to 7 bands to 10 bands etc. I think even though it's limited the cheapest is a 4 band I saw not to long ago and was a decent brand you might be able to get better oppinions on eqs from the other guys here as they probably know more about them although from what I do know clarion is a really good brand The 4 band I mentioned http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O50VEQ/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366438982&sr=8-3π=SL75 also nice looking clarion eq with 7 bands http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000EZV3T8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1366438982&sr=8-1π=SL75 Just a couple (I always check (in this order ) amazon, sonic, eBay) just look around find what suits your needs and when you find one ask people everything you can think of about it that's basically what I do http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187 JVC KD-R530 head unit VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared )
brad4021 Posted April 20, 2013 Report Posted April 20, 2013 ok here is an idea i played with for while. audio control makes some good units that have two channel input (could be headphone to rca) and also the three.2 has front and rear headphone inputs. these units are dash mounted and have volume control built in to the unit. could be simple all in one and still give you a decent eq set up. they have a lot of other options on their website also. http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5250/In--Dash-Car-Audio-Processors.html
SMZ2 Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 So the the sound quality would be better through bluetooth correct? I may just get a cheap headunit and hide it away or build a cubby for it under the tab. Then I could find a way to make the tab a float mount... My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
brad4021 Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 i think bluetooth is going to be your best option for sq with anything that does not hard connect like an iPad. definitely better then headphone jack hook up
SMZ2 Posted April 26, 2013 Author Report Posted April 26, 2013 Would something like this work instead of 3.5 to av for better sq? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BQ51FQ6 I'm also kind of curious if something like this would allow my double din to display the androids screen. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.