SMZ2 Posted April 5, 2013 Report Posted April 5, 2013 I have plans for running a tablet as my headunit in the future and I was hoping I could run of an eq because they take up less space and all. I know I can do an rca to 3.5 from the eq to the tablet for the audio. Then dd1 where the tablet clips at but then the issue for me is how would I set the gain and volume knob on the eq? Would I just need to make a mark with a permanent marker to remember where to turn it too or is there a better way to approach this? Also I'm looking at clarion eqs (heard good things) if you have any other better suggestions please let me know. Thanks guys! My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Kyblack76 Posted April 5, 2013 Report Posted April 5, 2013 .3 FTW !!! Maybe scooter will chime in also SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
SMZ2 Posted April 5, 2013 Author Report Posted April 5, 2013 .3 FTW !!! Maybe scooter will chime in also I gotta get my bread up for all that lol... I was looking at a galaxy 2 tab 7 inch if that helps. My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
brad4021 Posted April 16, 2013 Report Posted April 16, 2013 im planning on using a 360.3 for my set up just like this with a galaxy tab2. i am going to use the 360 becuase it is bluetooth so i dont have to worry about lose of sound quality to bad and also the remote included has a master volume and a second knob to control the bass output also. i think this is the best solution for sure
Pasta Prime Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 So you can bluetooth straight from tablet to 360 with no head unit? New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
SMZ2 Posted April 17, 2013 Author Report Posted April 17, 2013 Is this not also possible with a cheaper unit with an av to 3.5 cable? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
Noel989 Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 Get a paclc1 and use that as your volume knob and never use the eq knob Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
SMZ2 Posted April 17, 2013 Author Report Posted April 17, 2013 Get a paclc1 and use that as your volume knob and never use the eq knob Yes but what if I want to run multiple amps? My Build Log!http://www.stevemead...nissan-xterror/ Check the Youtube Channel for Updates!http://www.youtube....ser/Xterror2002And Seller Feedbackhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/163179-bought-from-smz2/#entry2363713
brad4021 Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 So you can bluetooth straight from tablet to 360 with no head unit? yes, this is how the sound labs are set up. the guy running the demos uses an iphone and can turn it on and off and select songs from his phone. pretty legit system..... its just expensive, but its not to bad when you figure you will save $300-1000 alone ditching the double din depending on which one you were or were going to use. also bluetooth has much better sound quality compared to a standard headphone jack to rca cable. I know people with iphone and ipads use a adaptor that runs a headphone jack out the bottom plug hat will give you an un amplified single that is supposed to be cleaner sounding if you are sending it to a system that is going to amp it anyways so you are not amplifying and amplified signal.... hopefully that makes some sense lol
brad4021 Posted April 17, 2013 Report Posted April 17, 2013 and honestly a cheap way to do it is just get a single din receiver that has bluetooth built in and has all the pre amps you need and then just hide it in the glove box or under a seat and just control it with your tablet or phone. bluetooth receivers are getting pretty dang inexpensive now. the you will still have am/fm if you ever wanted it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.