Second Skin Audio

Have to decide tonight... need some help.

Hello SMD members.

I am currently running 2 12w1v2 sealed in the JL recommended box, using a 500/1 version 1. I have a chance to pick up two new in the box

original 10w6's. With the same amp will I get much better sq with the tens without noticing any drop off of loudness or deepness. I haven't heard old w6's in a while but I remember them getting pretty low.

I have until tonight to decide if this is an upgrade or not, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

That's going to depend so much more on the enclosure. For the subs in question and the power being used, I don't see there being a drastic difference. My opinion is stay with what you have.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If you plan to upgrade your amp in the future I would snatch up those w6s, they can take much more power than the w1s. Also depends on how much your going to have to shell out for them.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I was probably going to go with the jl recommended enclosure size + 10-15% for the tens. From what i info i have found the 10w6 does a bit better in a slightly bigger box. I've got the 12w1v2's in a sealed box with separate chambers exact to the jl spec and the 500/1 I run with 3db bass boost out of 15 at 40hz, crossed over at 90hz. I used a multimeter to set gains properly and with the deck sub out at -4 I still had to turn the gains down to almost nothing. The input sensitivity switch is in the proper setting. I am very happy with the sound quality.

I am hoping that the w6's would be able to take more of the power I have and get louder with out sacrificing too much low end. In the future i will probably pickup a used 500/1 and run one for each sub. I am able to get the two 10w6v1's new in the box for $175. I have two hours to make a decision now.

Still don't know

Sounds good grab them save up for another 500/1

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3