Nico Shull Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 I recently purchased 2 - 12" MBQuart Onyx ONX304 subwoofers. According to the spec sheet, 400Watts RMS, 800Watts Peak. The woofers are Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil (I believe). To push them, I purchased an MBQuart ONX1000.1D. According to the Amplifier spec sheet, at 4ohm it will push 475Watts RMS, 2ohm 750Watts RMS, and 1ohm 1000Watts RMS. So, following the installation sheets that came with the products, I wired up the subwoofers to a 1ohm load, to hopefully get the "1000" watts of power from the amplifier. However, I fear I have done something wrong, or the subs are just not able to handle near that power. I have blown two sets in about three weeks... And not with much play time! Of course, it goes without saying that I'm clearly a very NEW guy to the world of car audio. Are there any suggestions as to where I could start or things I should be checking? Or are these subwoofers just not capable of dealing with this amplifier? I'm also curious if I'm getting into the dreaded "Clipping" problem. However, budget is tight, and I definitely cannot afford to buy an oscilloscope. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 2004 Ford Freestar SEL Jensen VM9224BT Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5" MBQuart ONX 1000.1D Factory Ford 5x7's (For now) 2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers
Nate Futuristic Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Cant afford a 70 dollar tool to protect your investment But you can afford to replace the subs 2 twice? Check grounds Do the big 3 Turn you gain down untill you can correctly set it Make sure your filters are set accurate No bass boost down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
CoritaAlterado Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-DSO-Nano-Pocket-Sized-Oscilloscope/dp/B004W4WUX0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1365309204&sr=8-7&keywords=oscilloscope
ric006 Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 that doesnt show very good wave formats as i been seeing do you have one personally CoritaAlterado
Trey_Dog650 Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Cant afford a 70 dollar tool to protect your investment But you can afford to replace the subs 2 twice? Check grounds Do the big 3 Turn you gain down untill you can correctly set it Make sure your filters are set accurate No bass boost blowing them that close I'm guessing they got replaced under warrantyYou're probably clipping them to hell 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Trey_Dog650 Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Gtfo noob 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
CoritaAlterado Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 that doesnt show very good wave formats as i been seeing do you have one personally CoritaAlterado I don't, just a suggestion. But there are plenty of reviews on youtube of that specific model.
mnrookie Posted April 7, 2013 Report Posted April 7, 2013 Gtfo noob I was kidding, I just viewed that whole 412cvx thing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.