Mechman Alternators

mechman 320a putting in work. belt slippage

What exactly is the point of this? Lol Are you asking for help or showing? ^_^

I wanted someone to confirm what I believed was belt slippage
How much load do you have on your alternator? Amps, fans, fuel pumps?
5 amps totalling around 6k r.m.s. One red-top under hood and 3 kinetik 1400's in back. I clamped the car itself with the radio off and it pulls around 20-30 amps depending on if the cooling fans are on.
I did some math I found and I'm not sure if this is accurate? 6,000 r.m.s./ .75 efficiency = 8,000/ 14.5 charging voltage=551amp draw + 40 amp draw for the vehicle itself. So almost a 600 amp draw at peak performance. Does this sound right? Edited by pontformulalt1

5 amps totalling around 6k r.m.s. One red-top under hood and 3 kinetik 1400's in back. I clamped the car itself with the radio off and it pulls around 20-30 amps depending on if the cooling fans are on.
I did some math I found and I'm not sure if this is accurate? 6,000 r.m.s./ .75 efficiency = 8,000/ 14.5 charging voltage=551amp draw + 40 amp draw for the vehicle itself. So almost a 600 amp draw at peak performance. Does this sound right?

Your math is good .. So no head bashing... 80a per 1k of RMS is a good number to give your amplifiers. A stock vehicle in most cases use about 60a alone. Sadly there are too many variables to give a "perfect" solution. Example max engine rpm, drive pulley, ohm load ect... I would try a larger diameter pulley and see if that helps..

I did some math I found and I'm not sure if this is accurate? 6,000 r.m.s./ .75 efficiency = 8,000/ 14.5 charging voltage=551amp draw + 40 amp draw for the vehicle itself. So almost a 600 amp draw at peak performance. Does this sound right?
Your math is good .. So no head bashing... 80a per 1k of RMS is a good number to give your amplifiers. A stock vehicle in most cases use about 60a alone. Sadly there are too many variables to give a "perfect" solution. Example max engine rpm, drive pulley, ohm load ect... I would try a larger diameter pulley and see if that helps..
thanks for the response.I have had the larger 49mm and the 72 mm I believe it was and I didn't like the idle output of those pulleys. I am seriously considering an a/c delete with another 320a in its place. To even out the load. Would you happen to have any brackets for that? I'm guessing its going require me to do some custom fabrication myself.

thanks for the response.I have had the larger 49mm and the 72 mm I believe it was and I didn't like the idle output of those pulleys. I am seriously considering an a/c delete with another 320a in its place. To even out the load. Would you happen to have any brackets for that? I'm guessing its going require me to do some custom fabrication myself.

I'm not certain if anyone makes an alternator bracket for the A/C delete. We can set those alternators up for a number of bracket locations. Feel free to call us if you do decide to make a bracket.

When was the last time you put a new belt on? I put a brand new one on when I got my Mechman, and I think rocking.that.eclipse had slip until he put a new belt on also. Gates Green belts are preffered I believe, and it sure looks like you have plenty of wrap on it.

Do agree...

The first purchase was my HO alt ( not gonna say from who, it doesnt matter) and my second and third purchase was my bad ass GATES GREEN, and then, a new idler...

Damn I got a new alt doesn't really matter who from and it slips for like 10seconds after I crank or less then stops it has a new belt half inch shorter then stock ima try and see what's up with my tensioner tomorow bad thing about my deal is if I did need a new tensioner which I doubt my car is so rare that I won't find it without going to dealership

Team CNGraphix

2013 sonata

Dc power 320 alt

3 kinetik 3 shuriken

All knue and sky high wiring

Dd m3b x2

Rockford 1000-4

2 fi sp4 18

4 vo 6.5

4 nendo pwx8

6soundqubed tweets

2 b1 tweets