Fiberglass And Fabrication Projects

Dozier

I appreciate it...I can't wait to get busy on this wall build. My sound deadening arrives tomorrow, so I will be busy this week and this weekend I will start building.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

on the speaker box, what making the FI logo? is it the logo cut out of the vinyl upholstery under there or maybe some deading material?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Just particle board 1/8th inch. Cut it with a razor knife and then glued it to the box before I vinyled it. Use a blunt flat object to get in the really tight corners of the FI logo when applying the vinyl.

Ok so here is where I am today.

I did a skin coat of duraglass, and sanded.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok so next, I wanted to make bigger feet for the project, so I stuck a piece of wood under each leg. I covered the wood pieces in masking tape, and wax so that the duraglass would not stick to it. I used 1/2 inch staples to attach it to the bottom so I could apply duraglass without it falling off. I now have to force the duraglass in between the wood and the bottom of the legs to ensure I get a nice flat and filled in bottom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now you see the boards taken off of the bottom of the project with the duraglass making bigger feet on the bottom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All sanded up and done for the day...I did a few more skin coats of duraglass and then sanded some more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok so today we got the project all primed sanded and primed and sanded some more. Then paint. The paint has glitter in it that only shows up in the sunlight. I don't think you can see it at all in the pictures though. Funny how that works..It is really bright. The flakes that is. Sorry you can't see it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow I will put the acrylic in it. And I will also post up on how I made a steering wheel out of mdf, and my finished FI box with the acrylic also inserted. Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Archived