Sundown Audio

Need a quick answer to this seemingly easy question.

BASEheadDAN

Alright, long story short, i have 1 fosgate 2012 T2 dual 2ohm 12" woofer running on a T1000.1bdcp. Now, i have had many difficult times setting my gains by ear and finding that distortion sound, but anyway onto my question.

Would turning up all the dails to max on the amp, and hooking up a fosgate bass knob be the best way to go, or would i be better off keeping my gain about half, and lpf around 80 with zero punch bass.

Thanks.

Lol wtf

Don't turn all the knobs up

You're better off turning the gain a hair up

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

No. Actually opposite

You connect gain remote and turn it all the way up. Then you set the gain. Then you can control from the remote.

And you still don't crank the other stuff all the way

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Your gain remote gain only works from zero to what ever amp gain is set to

What you say us correct that if you turn gain to max you can control from zero to max but that's not the correct way to do it

If I set up remote gain

I set max at remote and set amp to -15

Then I adjust remote to -10 and -5 and place a mark at each

For radio I use anything up to full/-15 and cd -10max

As you'll find hard copies will be of different volume you of hu so clip at lower volume

But never set it above -15

And for the novice I normally check -10 and -5 and set max somewhere I between

Hmm... Interesting... setting gains on these amps is a difficult process.. i never know how far to turn up the damn things... im usually always around 80/xxx on lpf, and around half the gain on the amp... i never know to how far i can push my system without clipping... i saw a few os, and multimeters at the pawns, they might help.

Umm you don't know how cuz you're don't have the right tools.

Using a dd1 or o-scope will make it a breeze

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

thing is, i can pick up a 0-scope at a pawn... but i used a multimeter in the past, and after the tedious math, i came to the conclusion that at 3/11 gain, and 60/400 lpf i had a clean signal.. well, no thanks.. i dont wanna keep my system at 1/6th its potential..

Archived