On my old setup in the truck i mounted 2 SAZ2500 one on each side of the box and had no issues. You should be able to fit your amp on the side of the box. The box can only go as far as the wheel fender which leaves room for an amp. I fell your pain i know how tight the rear is to try and fit all the equipment.

yea i could but same issue, im trying not to mount to box just because of the electronics aspect. any unnecessary vibration if avoidable should be avoided.. i mean i could make it minimal but still right now Im kinda set with underneath as the "best" option but damn thats going to take some time to design

build false floor. look at meades build. put amp under subs

...or mine which is in a TB ;)

OP: you can do a rack and even tap into the floor cargo space in the cargo area for another batt should you go that route. I would assume you could do 8'sh cubes with a rack under the box and it not be nearly as tall as mine was. My old box was around 9-10 cubes but since my port was so close to the tailgate I used to peak at 28 lol

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I would have sold you mine. alt and wire already there. and speakers and a pillars... you could do an amp rack like in my trailblazer. I welded the 60/40 split together. remover 8" in the middle. welded in a 3" deep tray. mounted amps and a cap. had new seat cover stiched up.

A95176AB-orig.jpgCDA6B4CB-orig.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

This was mine P1020910.jpg

Jhmeg2's is kick ass though. I couldn't go that route though without loosing seat lock or chocking my port off.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Jhmeg2's is kick ass though. I couldn't go that route though without loosing seat lock or chocking my port off.

thanks, but seat lock? it still locks... I also removed the head rests. and how would you choke the port?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

thanks, but seat lock? it still locks... I also removed the head rests. and how would you choke the port?

Because my box had to be over 9 cubes and unless I went port up or lost seat lock it would have been 2 inches from the tailgate.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

back seat amp rack

ampseat3.jpgampseat1.jpg

or, you could go this route... lol

amprack2.jpg

backofbox.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

I would have sold you mine. alt and wire already there. and speakers and a pillars... you could do an amp rack like in my trailblazer. I welded the 60/40 split together. remover 8" in the middle. welded in a 3" deep tray. mounted amps and a cap. had new seat cover stiched up.

A95176AB-orig.jpgCDA6B4CB-orig.jpg

thats really cool but not what im looking at doing with the seats, but similar with the in floor cargo space

this is similar to what i have in mind

8 10", 11 cubes ported 42 Hz149.jpg

thats really badass

Archived