mounting eq help!!!

Obky thing i dont like is youre gonna see wires. And if you dont like it youre gonna have a hole in the top of the dash.

i would drill a hole from the button of the dash and then up through and cover&fill the rest of the dash with some flora foam and then glass on top of that.. sounds good >?

Sounds good to me. if you ever end up taking it out, a little fiberglass, bondo, and matching paint will cover the holes quite fine.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Sounds good to me. if you ever end up taking it out, a little fiberglass, bondo, and matching paint will cover the holes quite fine.

awesome mind going over the process of doing this little job ? like the steps stuff needed etc ?

You should be able to get most of the materials from home depot or Lowe's, but you'll need fiberglass/resin, bondo or some kind of body filler to make it all smooth, fiberglass mat for reinforcement, sandpaper, and a knife too cut the floral foam... They should have the floral foam at most arts and craft stores.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

You'll need to make your mock up eq, you can actually use the eq itself, just wrap it in blue painters tape... That's what I did when I made the mold for my in-dash tablet, just wrapped it in a lot.... A LOT... of blue tape, did my mock up and fiberglass work, unwrapped the tape and it was still clean. But I don't think you'll need to tape up the eq at all, since you'll pretty much be using it for test fitting during the cutting out of the foam and after sanding down all the fiberglass and body filler.

Get your floral foam, cut out the size and shape that you're gonna use to fill in the pocket on top of the dash so it'll fit in that pocket, and so it'll be easy to blend the top and edges of the foam to follow the curve of the dash, just make sure it fits how you want it to fit.

Then you'll be using the fiberglass resin and brush it all over the foam, and that will give it some strength, and if there are any flimsy spots, that's where the fiberglass mat comes into play. You'd cut small pieces of the mat and lay it on the weak spots of the foam, cover it with resin and allow it to dry, and it will end up rock hard. Once all the glassing is finished, sand down any spots that would get in the way of fitting, like bubbles, rough edges, all that, test fit the eq, then test fit it on the dash.

If it all fits like it should, grab your bondo or body filler of choice and go over the "faces" of the eq pod, like the top and the front, pretty much anything that is visible that you want to look pretty. Spread a thin coat of the body filler on those areas, let it cure, then sand it down til it's smooth. Test fit the eq, test fit it on the dash.

Now... Depending on what you're gonna finish it with, like paint, or carpet, or bed-liner or something, you wanna spray the pod down with primer and look for all the pinholes in the body filler. If you're gonna paint it and you're looking for the most badass paint job ever, you're gonna wanna add more body filler to fill the pinholes, sand down lightly until it's all smooth again, then prime again... Do that as many times until you're happy with it lol. BUT, if you're just planning on spraying it down with some spray paint to match the dash, it doesn't have to be 100% perfect.

Most important thing to do is take your time man!

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Yea, it couldn't hurt, but it might be a little bit of a pain in the ass to sand the inside of the hole if you put too much resin in there. And if that's the case, you could cut the foam in half, glass the inside of the hole, sand it and test fit it, and when the eq fits just right, put the top and bottom half together and coat it in resin and mat to hold it all together as one entire piece.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived