Sonic Electronix

Please help me. I have a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse (base) and i want to upgrade my sound system. I only have a small battery and stock alternator (75 amps i think?). I am currently only running on 800 watt amp to 2 kicker cvr 12s. I plan to change EVERYTHING to soundstream. I have 2 soundstream monitors already and plan to buy the following:

1) VIR-3600 head unit

2) 2 pairs of the tarantula TC6.5 component speakers

3) 1 Picasso amplifier (P4.800) to power both pairs of component speakers

4) 1 15" SPLX subwoofer (soundstream SPLX-152HF)

5) 1 Tarantula (TX) amplifier (TX1.1300D) to power the sub

That will use up almost all of my money beside money for resin and fiberglass.

My concern is that this will be around 2000W PEAK power and im worried about my car. Can it handle all this power (plan to add 200w peak amp later) without major issues (i.e. shutting car off, starting a fire, etc)? I cant afford EXPENSIVE upgrades right now but if its REQUIRED i can do it later. Please tell whether or not my car can handle this. If not what can i do to make it work? Desperate for help before i spend all this money

1k rms will be fine. Which is the "2k peak" you speak of. Just do the big 3 upgrade under your hood.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

You can use a dodge SRT4 alternator in your car that is 130A instead of the 75a to 90a alts they come with. You will need to get a plug from either an dodge SRT 4 or dodge voyager turbo, the case may be just a tad long needing you to slightly modify the bracket but it is a low cost solution to a H/O alt.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Run 0 gauge for your Big 3. There are countless tutorials online. Google Big Three Upgrade and you will see.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

knukonceptz sells great kits on amazon. a real 4 gauge kit is like 30 dollars and the wire is actually 2 gauge. and you can buy it by the foot on the 0 gauge and its like 150 a foot i think so like 20 bucks for 10 feet wich should be enough to do your big 3. then you can get a kinetik power cell for like 100 bucks that will run a 1000 watt rms system with no problem. if you upgrade all that you should be able to run like 1500 to 2k rms with no problem.

anyone have any experience with the SPLX subs?

ive never had soundstream subs before but ik the rubicon amps are just beasts. you may look into using a rubicon series instead of the one you planned.

Archived