Is it possible to wire these two subs together?

Well its not really a matter of if its possible its a matter of how long the equippment wil last. I'm guessing the subs are not the same model but if they are in seperate boxes you can hook your subs up like you want, just make sure that one is not being pushed too hard.

Subs are same model, rms, etc. just different impedances, a friend traded me something for them and he had been running it like that for a long time.

I just want to know if there is something wrong with wiring up two different subs like this.

There are a lot of people saying no, I would just love to find out why... ?

They will get different amount of power! The 8ohm sub will get significantly less power than the other. You're better off grabbing another amp and putting them in separate boxes

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

They will get different amount of power! The 8ohm sub will get significantly less power than the other. You're better off grabbing another amp and putting them in separate boxes

So there is a difference between an 8ohm single voice coil sub and a dual voice coil 4ohm sub wired in series to 8 ohms?

You put no as the answer, dont know why the post got deleted.

Anyways, since there is no difference these are both 8 ohm speakers now, as far as I am aware the number of voice coils only affects the way you wire a sub not its performance or anything, right?

So since now these are both 8ohm speakers can I wire them in parallel to get a 4ohm load? And why will one get more power than the other?

Sorry for being persuasive I just dont understand.

You need to wire the DVC in series to get an 8 ohm load, not series to get a 2 ohm load. Even if you do that, are the subs exactly the same, aside from the fact that one is DVC and the other is SVC??? I hope they're the same brand too :P

to

You need to wire the DVC in series to get an 8 ohm load, not series to get a 2 ohm load. n if you do that, are the subs exactly the same, aside from the fact that one is DVC and the other is SVC??? I hope they're the same brand too :P

Yea wire it in series to get 8 ohms, don't know where I put 2 ohms it was probably just a mistake

It's not the worst thing you can do, but it will not sound as good as you want, especially in the same airspace.

I would wire the DVC sub down two 2 ohms and run just that off of your amp, and sell the other one or use it in a different set up. I say this assuming your sub and amp are both compatible with eachother at 2 ohms.

@ FunkyExpedition, LZTYBRN & Vito

Thanks for taking the time to explain instead of just saying no.

I had the speakers hooked up and they worked perfectly, sounded good, both moved exactly the same, no problems at all, I only posted this to find out if this would affect it in any way as I had never run speakers like that. Spent some time last night looking for answers but found nothing like the scenario that I have where the subs impedance matches.

I'm pretty sure even if they were both dvc 2 ohms there could be some differences in the impedance, after all I doubt 2 speakers with the same model number are identical, but well that's of no interest to me now.

Thanks guys.

Archived