Aftermarket Alarm/Remote Start W/ Factory Key Fob

Hey all,

Hoping some shop owners or installers can help. My brother just got a 2012 Fusion and is looking for an alarm that can tie into the factory keyfob since it is a fob and key in one. Any recommendations?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

like you want an alarm that will add on to the factory alarm? if so, any of them will work. just gotta find the factory disarm wire and factory arm wire. pm me if you want a diagram

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

or is it a smart key that your brother has?

nvm, 2013 is the only year came out with the smart key (based on a directechs)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I am aware of the arm and disarm wire but didn't know if you could just hook those up to arm and disarm an after market alarm. He has regular key/fob combo. And I just got a 2013 F150 so I'm in the same boat not wanting to add a keyfob.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

a whole lot more involved into getting a factory fob to operate an alarm/remote start and some vehicles just won't do it. Plus the range is not very good on factory fobs. first is the car a manual and does it have power locks? If so what does he want to spend?

The only way to add a alarm AND starter combo to any vehicle without adding a keyfob is to install a combo system with a smart start module that you can control on your phone. For example the Viper VSS5000 http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/Systems.aspx If you wanted to just add remote start capability to your factory keyfob then no problem. There is no way to arm and disarm an aftermarket security system with your factory keyfob. If you don't mind adding a smaller basic keyfob you can use this

as a plug in with any Viper, Clifford or Python system. It will allow you to arm and disarm the system. I think the smart start option is best because you get unlimited range and don't need a separate fob.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

The only way to add a alarm AND starter combo to any vehicle without adding a keyfob is to install a combo system with a smart start module that you can control on your phone. For example the Viper VSS5000 http://www.viper.com/SmartStart/Systems.aspx If you wanted to just add remote start capability to your factory keyfob then no problem. There is no way to arm and disarm an aftermarket security system with your factory keyfob. If you don't mind adding a smaller basic keyfob you can use this

as a plug in with any Viper, Clifford or Python system. It will allow you to arm and disarm the system. I think the smart start option is best because you get unlimited range and don't need a separate fob.

wrongo, but thanks for playing. go back up and read my previous post and research a little before you feed false info on here please. I have installed over 7000 remote starters and alarms so if you have any questions for me please ask.

• 2 months later...

Larry, I could use your help with an alarm for my 2010 honda insight. I am trying to piece together a kit on ebay for bulldog and a seller said I needed this converter to make it all work, but now he isnt answering why and looking online I really dont know what the hell it does. I am looking for remote start to pre cool the car by having the ac on. Thx the box he recommended is a Audiovox FLCAN Flashlogioc.

2010 Honda Insight Eco Modded + PHEV

1995 Suzuki Sidekick 4wd 5 speed LJX

Archived