Sundown Audio

Rockford fosgate 1500 bdcp ?

Xplay75

I think Kicker only recommend tuning to 27hz because their amps subsonic is set at 25hz. I believe if you're using the RF1500, then you can technically tune to around 30-32hz and still be fine. But its up to you.

Oh and yes, RF's filter is set at 28hz.

28hz.. on or off..

and your tuning a box at 27 ?!?!?

You dont need a SSF dude....

i know 27 is low but it will go up in tune with the subs displacement in it ,im going by the kicker app that has a box builder in it and it says it will b tuned around 27 and thats what they recomend,the new basket and motor assembly is alot bigger now so it takes up more air space,just trying to build it to kicker specs from the new app they have for Android phones

I think Kicker only recommend tuning to 27hz because their amps subsonic is set at 25hz. I believe if you're using the RF1500, then you can technically tune to around 30-32hz and still be fine. But its up to you.

Oh and yes, RF's filter is set at 28hz.

ok that makes sence thank you

I would but i cant find out what the true displacement per sub is and im not good with math,the kicker app dosent let u change the box it just gives u what they want u to build so ive been using a different box calculator but it only give u the cubes after port with no subs in it

I've seen your posts about 27 Hz tuning a few times now First off, Kyle and everyone else is,right, the SSF on that T series amp is 28 Hz. You seem to be really hung up on this Kicker app thing, their it out the window. You choose running for the music style you listen to, the vehicle, and yes, the subs as well. Tuning low like that IN A CAR can potentially lose you some output where MANY MANY songs have their bass. I know your not getting a bunch of help, although I saw John253 was helping you(he seems VERY knowledgeable by the way) so I would listen to his suggestions. But do yourself a favor, stop talking about the Kicker app and what is suggesting. Grab a design from John for a mid 30s tuned box and build it. If you tune to 35 Hz, the SSF of the amp at 28 is perfect.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived