I'm just starting out my own ride and have already began accumulating equipment for my subcompact in particular a 2012 Hyundai Accent hatchback. Here's what I have so far. Pioneer AVH-5500BHS (head unit), Memphis MCC6A (6.5 component) 1 set, Memphis MJ5.1400 (4x100 & 1x1000) Amplifier), Memphis Mojo 10 (sub) in a Probox, Stinger 960 battery along with factory battery using 1/0 monster cable from the stinger and 4ga from the factory along with a ignition controlled isolator, 2 farad capacitor. Okay pretty bitchin system for a newbie or at least it is to me but here's where I need some help. I've got the bass covered but what I want is to have is an awesome projection of the music upfront. I've listened to my mother's 09 Camry with the JBL system and essentially that's what I want. I'm looking for not necessarily the easiest way but at least the smartest way to achieve this sound. I believe it's also called stereo imaging. so far my only idea has been to use a coaxial (Memphis MC6A) in the door and mount a second set of tweeters from my component (MCC6A) in the pillars either facing the windshield or each other. putting the mid driver only from the component (MCC6A) in the back. Is there possibly an audio delaying timing component that JBL uses too that will render this pretty much mission impossible. If this is the case then maybe I need a different head unit with a means to enhance the frequency timing.

Any help would be greatly appeciated

So... Is this going in a house or outdoor stage or...?

You SEEM to be referring to imaging and staging. No one can help you over the internet to tell you how to set your staging or imaging.

We can give you pointers and advice though. First pointer, don't bump your own thread 2 minutes later with the same content the previous message contained.

So putting your tweeters in the pillar brings your sound stage up high. Pointing that directly at each other COULD cause cancellation. As far as something else you mentioned about a device for aligning time. Get a good head unit that has digital time alignment, like a nice Kenwood, or Pioneer DEH-P80RS. It takes a LOT of time to setup for SQ, so be prepared to spend it.

Also this topic should have been in.the SQ section or the HeadUnit and processing section, not HOME AUDIO. That is why SnowDrifter asked

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Pro audio in this sections means Professional Audio, stuff you see in Live sound or stages, not about the use of pro drivers in the car.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived