Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1 x DD 9512 or 2 x DD 9510


greggtr

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think the 2 x 10's won....

thanks to everyone who replied...

Now for part 2:

To run the 2 x 9510's can the M4 run them to their limit or do I need the M4a?

M4 3500w rms at 1 ohm at 12v (5000w rms at 14.4v)

M4a 5200w rms at 1 ohm at 12v (7000w rms at 14.4v)

Remember the box will only be around 2.5' and tuned to around 34hz (according to the online port calculators)

With run them to the limit, do you mean as in it will not break as long as I don't play music for longer then 15s at full tilt?

2000W would be more then enough to run to the 9500 series.

You do have very little port area for 2 10's.

What kind of electrical are you planning on? (there is a "big" difference between 5kw and 7kw..)

EDIT: I would tune higher then 34hz, 37hz would be a better start. (unless you only want to listen to low lows)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

Unfortunatly port length is not really an option as the ports duct into the cabin around a fuel tank. The only way to tune higher is to reduce the box size, which I dont think would be a wise move.

The Electrics are 2 x D34 Optimas (750cca each) mounted in the boot. The 4g runs the amps will be less than 2' (60cm).

With the amps, I want to be able to compete in comps where I will need to burp and or play music to get a decent score... hence I want to be able to play them to their limit, (well just under the limit).

Posted

Ok... we are getting some where...

So far the system will be:

2 x 9510

1 x m4 (dont want to keep rebuilding subs)

and now for the last question...

Supercharging the Subs...Is it really worth it? and how much is it?

Posted

Well I never had to recone them, I just added silicon adhesive to the surround and it keep on beating ! I just got exciting some days and played some 26hz song full tilt with 3k each and 1 surround started ripping ...

-

That's up to you if it's worth it, more motorforce. I seen a thread where it was a 0.6 db louder direct swap with reg 95 and SC 95.(I think it was a burp set up tho !)

But every application is different...

How much it cost, that's up to your dealer/supplier .....

Edit: one thing I would get is CF dustcaps, cuss the stock ones where soft as hell !

Posted


ETA for the equipment 2 weeks...

as for the car... now dont laugh... a 2004 Miata... why, because I can.... The 2 4" ports will duct the sound though the parcel shelf (firing up), behind the seats...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 466 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...