Mid Bass Enclosures

Herokight

Yeah. I was thinking RF pro tweets, 6.5" pro mids, and 8" pro midbass with either two 10s or two 12s, all processed by a 3sixty.3. With what I'm looking at it'd be 50w per tweet, 100w per mid, 125 per midbass, and then 500w per sub. Of course, this is going to be way off in the future, but I like to have an idea of what I want and what I'm doing. Last system I built having almost no knowledge of what i was doing and was constantly going back and fixing things.

Another thing I'm wondering about is midbass placement. My general understanding is that frequnecies under 350hz are omnidirectional, correct? So would it be a bad idea to put midbass drivers directly behind or under the front seats, or would it make that big of a difference?

Anything under 300 will be omnidirectional but if they aren't deadened properly they will be localize-able. Vibration, buzzing, and panel resonance is a killer of a good soundstage. It will draw your attention towards the floor or whatever location they are mounted and we don't want that. As far as placement goes you will hear people saying the kickpanels is best, doors, or rear deck. Some sq cars like harry kimuras acura had them in the rear deck and the grand national had them in the rear quarter panel. I have seen a couple installs on diyma that have used the same approach with great results. It all comes down to where you have room and can they be implemented properly there. I like the doors but having your pant leg shaking from midbass is distracting. It's something I am dealing with now. I like them up front because I feel like it anchors the frontstage; although I would like to try them in the rear deck. A larger midrange up front that can play lower can help improve the "up front bass effect" even if they are behind you. T/A can make unusual mounting locations much easier to work with though. The difference in sound between locations will depend on the vehicle, install, drivers, etc.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Anything under 300 will be omnidirectional but if they aren't deadened properly they will be localize-able. Vibration, buzzing, and panel resonance is a killer of a good soundstage. It will draw your attention towards the floor or whatever location they are mounted and we don't want that. As far as placement goes you will hear people saying the kickpanels is best, doors, or rear deck. Some sq cars like harry kimuras acura had them in the rear deck and the grand national had them in the rear quarter panel. I have seen a couple installs on diyma that have used the same approach with great results. It all comes down to where you have room and can they be implemented properly there. I like the doors but having your pant leg shaking from midbass is distracting. It's something I am dealing with now. I like them up front because I feel like it anchors the frontstage; although I would like to try them in the rear deck. A larger midrange up front that can play lower can help improve the "up front bass effect" even if they are behind you. T/A can make unusual mounting locations much easier to work with though. The difference in sound between locations will depend on the vehicle, install, drivers, etc.

Ah.... Thanks. I forgot about T/A and everything. It should be fine since I'm planning on using a 3sixty then. I can't wait to start another build, but I have a lot of recovery and such ahead of me still so there's not telling when it'll be. Atleast I'm learning, even though I can't build.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived