Sonic Electronix

I have 2 FI btl 18's and four kicker kx 2500.1's and i need some help on a box for them! I have a quad cab dodge. The back seat is out and i have 60w x 27h x 26d. i have one in there right know and the box is firing to the windsheild and it beats. Its doing a 149.8 on the dash and a 150.3 in the kick. I had the box firing to the roof and it didnt sound as good and didnt beat as hard. So im looking for some help. This is really bothering me and im ready to start on this box. please i need all the ideas that are out there! thanks slinky8733

whats it tuned too?whats the cubic feet.i tuned mine to 32hz but my atomic i had to tune to about 45 and it'll hit any note and it slams so ya might wanna change ya tuning or box size also how high up is the box in a truck the lower the better

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

yea i tried 35 first and all it did was low notes tried 40 got a lil better so went all out for 45-50 it might even be higher i used btl specs for 45 hz my buddy told me to build an spl box and it would do music and i didnt believe but it damn sure does it

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Do both subs firing towards the window and put the port on the drivers side to build up pressure for the mic on the passenger side?

I think that sounds right, also tune low since they are BTLs.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

whats it tuned too?whats the cubic feet.i tuned mine to 32hz but my atomic i had to tune to about 45 and it'll hit any note and it slams so ya might wanna change ya tuning or box size also how high up is the box in a truck the lower the better

I havent built the box thats what im trying to figure out. what to tune it to, witch way to fire the subs and any idea on a port design! I have never used 18's so i have no idea what to do. Like i said i have a 1 18 box and it is 7.5^3 and its tuned to like 27hz and its doing 149 on the dash and 150 in the kick so! but thanks for the help!

Archived